Astrology

Thanks to Earth's wobble, astrological signs are, well, bunk. (Or even more bunk than you might expect.) Astrological signs are determined by the position of the sun relative to certain constellations on a person's day of birth. The problem is, the positions were determined more than 2,000 years ago. Nowadays, the stars have shifted in the night sky so much that horoscope signs are nearly a month off. [Read: Why Your Horoscope for 2011 Is All Wrong]
So that explains why they're so often wrong. Who's horoscope should I read to get the truth? The one before or the one after. I don't really want to be a Sagittarius.

Capricorn. We're meant to be ambitious, but I don't think I am :) I was also born in the year of the snake, and I know that I've got some of the traits associated with that Chinese sign. My husband's Cancer / year of the Dog, and he has a lot of traits of both signs. :laughing:

Capricorn. We're meant to be ambitious, but I don't think I am :) I was also born in the year of the snake, and I know that I've got some of the traits associated with that Chinese sign. My husband's Cancer / year of the Dog, and he has a lot of traits of both signs. :laughing:

I'm Capricorn, some of the traits are waaaay off. Ambitious? I wouldn't be doing this job if I were!
I was born in year of the Tiger, I had my Chinese horoscope read once & it was much more me, although I didn't like the prediction that I would have a violent death :shocked: :crying:

I've been working for 50 years, always in a scientific environment, and I've noticed, and commented on this, over the years, but there seems to be a preponderance of Librans, as I am, amongst my colleagues.

I'm Capricorn, some of the traits are waaaay off. Ambitious? I wouldn't be doing this job if I were!
I was born in year of the Tiger, I had my Chinese horoscope read once & it was much more me, although I didn't like the prediction that I would have a violent death :shocked: :crying:
Just imagine if you were mauled to death by tigers...

I've been working for 50 years, always in a scientific environment, and I've noticed, and commented on this, over the years, but there seems to be a preponderance of Librans, as I am, amongst my colleagues.
I'm Libra too

Having spent some time over the weekend reading my book, I can say that it is incredibly fascinating and way more complex than I ever thought!
In reality every single person has their own unique birth chart and this is their true "horoscope", not what you read in newspapers as that is a very wishy washy averaged out picture across everyone of that star sign. I should also add that your zodiac sign is only part of the story of the horoscope, which contains the planets, the "12 houses" and all the infinite interactions/combinations between them.

Believe in it or not, it's a very fascinating topic that has an incredible history and depth (and truth from my personal experience at least). It's a lot more than just the small paragraph you read in the daily mail by Mystic Meg.

I might take up a course in it as I want to learn how to make and interpret birth charts.

I'm a saggy hairy arse ( Sagittarius) and it depends also on your rising sign, I have Libra rising and my sister who is also Sagittarius has Scorpio rising and we are soooooo different!!

Having spent some time over the weekend reading my book, I can say that it is incredibly fascinating and way more complex than I ever thought!
In reality every single person has their own unique birth chart and this is their true "horoscope", not what you read in newspapers as that is a very wishy washy averaged out picture across everyone of that star sign. I should also add that your zodiac sign is only part of the story of the horoscope, which contains the planets, the "12 houses" and all the infinite interactions/combinations between them.

Believe in it or not, it's a very fascinating topic that has an incredible history and depth (and truth from my personal experience at least). It's a lot more than just the small paragraph you read in the daily mail by Mystic Meg.

I might take up a course in it as I want to learn how to make and interpret birth charts.
My friend did a course in how to make birth charts. I still dont understand how the stars and planets have any effect on our lives?? Whats the science behind it?