Anyone getting chilly yet?

With windows and doors open (pretty much our only covid mitigation) getting chilly! Wearing fingerless gloves and 3 layers. I don't imagine they'll put the heating on this winter - whats the point, the heat will all go out of the windows. Kids starting to wear coats and hats in class again.

With windows and doors open (pretty much our only covid mitigation) getting chilly! Wearing fingerless gloves and 3 layers. I don't imagine they'll put the heating on this winter - whats the point, the heat will all go out of the windows. Kids starting to wear coats and hats in class again.

Tell management there's no point in eating either, it'll just go out their other end.

karen b

COMMITTEE
One lab was about 9 degs C yesterday. This is in the older half of the building that has poor heating anyway.

In the newer half (where the prep room is) the heating has been on permanently for about two years after a power cut turned off the controllers and it malfunctioned when it turned back on.

One teacher has said she will close the windows and insist her class wear masks

They've put the heating on here. Got windows open and fan on, still hot but then I am post menopausal so I have my own in-built central heating.
I am also a hardy country girl used to being out in all weathers.

My prep.room is very , very cold, I'm wearing layers, a woolly hat and finger-less gloves. My house has no heating but it's warmer than here.

Our prep has four labs off it with the doors open, all of those rooms have the heating on full blast, we have the side door open for ventilation, it's like being sat with a hair dryer blowing behind you.
I can't tell if I'm warm or cold atm.

My lab is at a fairly normal temperature. But I have a lot of personal padding. It was cold enough yesterday for me to turn my desk fan off, but it's back on today. I find my lab doesn't really get cold. It just becomes an oven in the summer, mainly because the sun passes right across the massive window some 20-25ft up and I have no blinds to block it out (despite years of asking site staff to put something up there.)

We dont have the heating on - it is centrally controlled so the powers have not yet decided its time. But to have it on with everything open would seem so wrong anyway. My room is north facing and we are on a windy hilltop so there's a bit of a wind chill element to it. I can see it is necessary but its going to be interesting to see how the staff and students put up with it as the winter continues.

We've got the heating on full blast (has been for about a month despite it not being that cold until recently) and windows open. I'm the only one in the department still wearing short sleeves, everyone else is in jumpers and jackets. One of the benefits of being of "a certain age":laughing:

Our heating actually seems to be working which is pretty exciting! It hasn't worked in years :laughing: It's a bit warm though...

Heating's been on for the last few weeks, so my prep room's boiling, and the temperature only increases more in the afternoon when the sun comes around, as I'm West facing. Windows are open throughout the school, but the students keep shutting the corridor ones as they walk past them (then the next ones down the corridor open them, and so it continues....):rolleyes:

It's freezing if I'm near the window (which unfortunately is right in front of the sink, and in a direct line from my computer, so I'm near it quite often !) The heating has been on for about a month though, so the rest of the room is quite warm.

I open the bare minimum of windows to meet the requirements, but the girls are wearing hats and coats to keep warm. They have put the heating on, but we get such a good through draft I'm not sure it's really worth it.

Not noticed t being particularly cold yet myself, but there is a cold draft by the PC :-(

The most famous two words that were used when i was a small boy at school doing something that we didnt like. Those two words" Charcter building"