Amusing choice of wording

Does anyone else enjoy finding interesting phrasing in CLEAPSS documents?

I know most of them are updated regularly but in a lot of cases the bulk of the text remains original to when it was written.

One I just saw today was in the latest Laboratory Handbook update, section 10.1.1, 'Need for a L-V supply'

Quote: ''Contact with conductors at such voltages should not present a hazard to the thinnest-skinned child in the wettest foreseeable situation.''

I know CLEAPSS regularly tests and trials their advice, so does this mean they got a particularly translucent looking child and threw some power supplies into a pool with them to see what would happen?:laughing:
:safety:

Perhaps I have had too much coffee already today but things like that always bring a smile to my face..

I read through all the old bulletins during the first lockdown when I was very very bored - some of the stuff in them is hilarious. Things like the above as well as some very catty comments about LEAs who had left CLEAPSS or been removed during council restructures and not yet rejoined :laughing:

Does anyone else enjoy finding interesting phrasing in CLEAPSS documents?

I know most of them are updated regularly but in a lot of cases the bulk of the text remains original to when it was written.

One I just saw today was in the latest Laboratory Handbook update, section 10.1.1, 'Need for a L-V supply'

Quote: ''Contact with conductors at such voltages should not present a hazard to the thinnest-skinned child in the wettest foreseeable situation.''

I know CLEAPSS regularly tests and trials their advice, so does this mean they got a particularly translucent looking child and threw some power supplies into a pool with them to see what would happen?:laughing:
:safety:

Perhaps I have had too much coffee already today but things like that always bring a smile to my face..
have you seen their twitter.

It always amuses me that the Academies - Reasons for belonging to CLEAPSS document has been uploaded with the name The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog :laughing:
1621344018442.png

I typed 'the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' into the search and it returned 7 or 8 docs with full match and when I clicked, sure enough they all have that title haha
there are 4 pages if you search for"quick brown fox"

Techitude

COMMITTEE
I obviously hold Cleapss in high regard and follow their advice, but I can't help feeling sometimes that their organisation is perhaps in need of a little modernisation.