Air Track Blower

Best place to buy an air track blower from?

Ours has died and will be needed in September so I'm trying to get ahead of the game.

Best place to buy an air track blower from?

Ours has died and will be needed in September so I'm trying to get ahead of the game.
We got ours from ebay and it was very cheap compared to the regular suppliers' price

It was a few years ago.

Ours (bought with an air track 20 odd Years ago) looks very like Nicks ebay one, is a industrial vacuum cleaner (it has a pipe on the exhaust that feeds the track)

We have two different ones, bought at least 20 years ago. One is an Earlex Combivac WD1000 which is plastic so nice and lightweight but still tough.
They don't do them anymore but if you search on Amazon, alternative wet/dry/blowers are suggested, some are about £70 give or take.

(It's better than giving school suppliers hundreds of pounds!)

Nick Mitchener

COMMITTEE
picked our last one up off of Ebay from memory £28 ish delivered

Someone was selling the blue philip harris ones for that BNIB on ebay. I said we should buy one was told it was a waste of money. Now they have two air tracks and two rotary air tables but only two blowers. When you see something as cheap as that you should bank it.

Someone was selling the blue philip harris ones for that BNIB on ebay. I said we should buy one was told it was a waste of money. Now they have two air tracks and two rotary air tables but only two blowers. When you see something as cheap as that you should bank it.
yes on so many levels Yes

A long story but it needs to be said. Some years ago I noticed that an air track blower my colleague was repairing did not meet the legal safety requirements (for the CE mark).

What followed involved: 7 air track blowers, 1 van de Graff, 2 equipment suppliers, 3 Trading Standards branches, and 50 e-mails.

If you buy random stuff on e-bay, there is nobody but yourself to blame if an accident occurs. Unfortunately there is no assurance even if you buy from a 'reputable' supplier.

One supplier that has got the message: Electric Blower for Linear Air Track

BTW EN61010-2010 is the correct standard though there are others that it has to meet for the CE mark and hence can be legally sold.

As we will be abandoning the CE mark, chaos will ensue.

Nick Mitchener

COMMITTEE
A long story but it needs to be said. Some years ago I noticed that an air track blower my colleague was repairing did not meet the legal safety requirements (for the CE mark).

What followed involved: 7 air track blowers, 1 van de Graff, 2 equipment suppliers, 3 Trading Standards branches, and 50 e-mails.

If you buy random stuff on e-bay, there is nobody but yourself to blame if an accident occurs. Unfortunately there is no assurance even if you buy from a 'reputable' supplier.

One supplier that has got the message: Electric Blower for Linear Air Track

BTW EN61010-2010 is the correct standard though there are others that it has to meet for the CE mark and hence can be legally sold.

As we will be abandoning the CE mark, chaos will ensue.
that's the one that was being sold for £30.

It's very noisy.

Thank you everyone, but unfortunately we aren't allowed to use e-bay :rolleyes:

I even showed them the cost savings but nope...