Agar and Broth disposal

Hi all - I have some unused Agar and Broth that has become unusable. Looks like the lid was not replaced and the substances have become one for a better word claggy. In any case I wish to dispose of both of them and buy some fresh stock. Using the CLEAPSS waste codes which is the correct way to dispose of it. There are no hazcards for these substances.

Another question i have is Agarose - obviously used for electrolysis - whats the best way to dispose of the jelly. In the bin?

Cheers all for your help :)

Hi all - I have some unused Agar and Broth that has become unusable. Looks like the lid was not replaced and the substances have become one for a better word claggy. In any case I wish to dispose of both of them and buy some fresh stock. Using the CLEAPSS waste codes which is the correct way to dispose of it. There are no hazcards for these substances.

Another question i have is Agarose - obviously used for electrolysis - whats the best way to dispose of the jelly. In the bin?

Cheers all for your help :)
treat all as food waste as long as nothing is growing on it in which case autoclave as dirties and then dispose of.

Last edited: