Acid cabinet rusty and liquid formed over the summer holidays

I'm a fairly new tech so I've been doing lots of training and courses and according to SSERC ( the Scottish version of CLEAPSS) we are not advised to store acids in a cabinet because it will corrode. The guidance is to keep them in bunds on your chem store floor where the bund has a volume of 110% of the largest container stored in it, not the total volume stored in it. I use the deep gratnell trays. I've heard of some people adding mineral absorbent too buts its not a requirement so I don't bother.

I'm a fairly new tech so I've been doing lots of training and courses and according to SSERC ( the Scottish version of CLEAPSS) we are not advised to store acids in a cabinet because it will corrode. The guidance is to keep them in bunds on your chem store floor where the bund has a volume of 110% of the largest container stored in it, not the total volume stored in it. I use the deep gratnell trays. I've heard of some people adding mineral absorbent too buts its not a requirement so I don't bother.
Be careful using Gratnell trays. Depending on the colour, some of the Gratnell trays will become very brittle with the fumes from the conc acids. The red trays are particularly bad. You need a thick walled polypropylene tray for your corrosives and check the tray regularly too as the tray WILL degrade over time. Yes, SSERC advise not using metal cupboards. We were part of that 'experience' when we discovered the metal cabinets were galvanised and yes, conc HCL does react with the Zn! Then we were issued with the plastic Balco cabinets.

Be careful using Gratnell trays. Depending on the colour, some of the Gratnell trays will become very brittle with the fumes from the conc acids. The red trays are particularly bad. You need a thick walled polypropylene tray for your corrosives and check the tray regularly too as the tray WILL degrade over time. Yes, SSERC advise not using metal cupboards. We were part of that 'experience' when we discovered the metal cabinets were galvanised and yes, conc HCL does react with the Zn! Then we were issued with the plastic Balco cabinets.
Thanks for the tips, I keep an eye on the gratnells and they are only a couple of years old and don't show any signs of degrading yet but I will look into the other ideas you suggested. I'm lucky that I'm in a fairly small and quiet school that doesn't teach advanced Highers so we don't actually have more than a handful that require storage and its easy to keep an eye on them.