23 & Me Test Kits!

I have just ordered a 23 & Me DNA test kit and I am super excited to find out how much Neanderthal DNA I have!

Has anyone else done one?

I have one grandparent from Poland so I'm excited to see what I'm made of!

I have done the Ancestry test only - not the health traits.

I would love to hear of any surprises in your ancestry!

It delves into your Haplogroups and tells you where about your ancestors are from and how you left Africa etc.

It gives you a % of where your DNA is from.

It's also the only company which gives you the breakdown to include Neanderthal DNA.

My son & his GF did the Ancestry ones. I looked through my sons list of living relatives to see if there were any distant cousins whose names I recognised. Sure enough there were.
He is 7% Swedish apparently, this must come from his Dads side, but I'd only be sure if I took one too.
We were a bit baffled as we know we have Spanish & Italian in our past (sadly it was more noticeable in my sister & my late brother than me ) but it didn't show up.
Although we had a lot of Irish, so maybe the Spanish came from there? Although it should still show surely?
Son's GF was baffled not to find her native American part too. Mostly African & European.
But still very interesting & exciting looking through info & living relations!
I am thinking of treating myself to a test too. I may do the same as you, 23 & me.
What are the main differences?

Apparently I come from a long line of Russian Orthodox Priests. I don't want confirmation of this, ignorance really is bliss at times...

I have just ordered a 23 & Me DNA test kit and I am super excited to find out how much Neanderthal DNA I have!

Has anyone else done one?

I have one grandparent from Poland so I'm excited to see what I'm made of!

I have done the Ancestry test only - not the health traits.

I would love to hear of any surprises in your ancestry!
Totally surprised! Dark hair, tan easily but have blue eyes. Apparently I'm 14% Norwegian and the rest is Icelandic/Swedish and northern England.