Search results

1. prepAdmin

SSS/SLS thread deletion

I have deleted the SSS / SLS thread for several reasons in accordance with our site rules. A negative personal experience with any supply company is a matter best remedied by contacting the supplier directly. Usually issues are quickly resolved which is why we do not allow posting about...
  2. prepAdmin

Please post in the appropriate forum

Yes I can and do move threads when I notice them. I'd rather everyone posts in the correct sections though really as I can't see them all.
  3. prepAdmin

SYC Secure Your Chemicals

OK 10MB is too big to host here but if you upload them to a site like https://ufile.io/ you can easily share the link for free. This site will host the files for 30 days without registering. If you register (for free) it then hosts the sites indefinitely.
  4. prepAdmin

SYC Secure Your Chemicals

How big is the file and what format is it? (What type of Excel doc extension) Or better still - email me a copy of it: admin@preproom.org
  5. prepAdmin

Please post in the appropriate forum

Hi all, We are getting lots and lots of posts at the moment, which is a good thing, but it means that some forums, especially this one (Science Technicians - General Discussion) is getting a lot of off-topic posts. Therefore please post in the correct forum. If it's something chemistry based...
  6. prepAdmin

Looking for PETG sheet

Does anyone know where I could get some large sheets of 1mm Clear PETG Sheet? The type used for COVID face shields? I need as large as possible, at least 1.2m2 and of course as cheap as possible! Any suggestions? Thanks.
  7. prepAdmin

Would you rather...? And other tripe

I can see the net nanny filters loving the keywords in this thread! :omg:
  8. prepAdmin

Can we signpost to cpd courses?

Yes sure, no problem at all.... unless you are making money from them!
  9. prepAdmin

PREPROOM COMMITTEE

@karen b We have three schools who volunteered to take part. They are a mixture of schools from across the UK and although we are using this to make sure everything works, when we launch it will be a soft launch, not a big national push so slowly we will see how effective it is and if there's...
  10. prepAdmin

PREPROOM COMMITTEE

Hi Everyone! Just a quick update and a request... The pilot for Technical Champions will begin next week in a few selected schools. We hope the applications will be turned around in time for us to smooth out any bumps and launch fully by the end of this year, if not early 2022. We have...
  11. prepAdmin

Newsletter error

:oops2: We've noticed an error in our Survey Results article in the November newsletter - the first pie chart has been mislabelled. The text below the chart is correct however. Thank you to those who spotted the mistake - in eleven years of sending out newsletters we've had about 5 emails...
  12. prepAdmin

Site blocked

Get them to email us if they still have a problem with giving access: admin@preproom.org
  13. prepAdmin

Site blocked

Go above their heads - This is the biggest free online resource for science technicians!
  14. prepAdmin

Quick Science Technician Survey

They can, and there's no way to change that but I did add a statement at the end asking to only fill in the form once.
  15. prepAdmin

I think that's an issue your end. Try again later or log out of Google and try the link again.
  16. prepAdmin

We would be grateful if you could complete this very quick technician survey for us to gauge the state of the technician landscape in Autumn 2021. Results will be featured in our November newsletter. This form closes on the 28th October 2021. Many thanks! https://forms.gle/Y9h63tL76UJJGeyMA
  17. prepAdmin

Is it rude to speak in another language when someone else present does not understand?

I've locked this thread now. If the OP wants the whole thread deleted, PM me. Although the original post was a reasonable question, it's a subject that encourages the wrong kind of debate the longer it goes on.
  18. prepAdmin

Fire diamond ... printing?

We have hundreds of print-ready types available in various formats on our main site: https://www.preproom.org/labels-and-signs/