Search results

1. Spuddo

This decay practical!

We did this method in September and it worked well, 3mins at 33C
  2. Spuddo

New Microscope!

So it can overlay the eyepiece graticule and stage micrometer? We have a camera but it is not able to focus on the eyepiece?
  3. Spuddo

Scalpel Blade Placement / Removal Tool

We've got one of these... https://www.medisave.co.uk/non-sterile-surgical-blade-remover-x-10.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5JSLBhCxARIsAHgO2Sf2Yqv94G_hwfo3Z-krOetSS4-ScZCXUhrpyOyywZaVoOo_L01i9kQaAuvDEALw_wcB then you dispose of the whole thing.
  4. Spuddo

AQA exam Board Isolation medium

I make fresh, only keep it for 2 weeks and refrigerated...
  5. Spuddo

SciChem deliveries and billing for things that haven't arrived

Yes we have! Invoice sent to one of the Governors and taking aaaages to deliver; shame they used to be my favourite supplier!
  6. Spuddo

Welcome Back

Hello...started back yesterday, no students yet though! Hoping not to have another lockdown!!!
  7. Spuddo

Heart Dissection

Samples for Schools are good, https://www.samples-for-schools.co.uk/
  8. Spuddo

how long have you worked as a technician?

10 yrs Industry (Chocolate Factory Mmmm...), 20 yrs Schools, 8Yrs UCL now back to School :), been here 18 months, but not actually been in much, due to Covid, Furlough... Looooong...time
  9. Spuddo

Year 11 Induction

Morning, We are doing Microscopy with graticules for Biology, with the new 6th Form and maybe dissection.
  10. Spuddo

Eye dissection

E-mail Blades, they reply very quickly and will tell you the timeframe; (I usually send to 'sales@blades-bio.co.uk')
  11. Spuddo

Eye dissection

Yes, we use the Sheep Eyes from Blades :)
  12. Spuddo

Microscope Camera

We got one of these, I am impressed with the quality of the image, simple to use once the software was installed...will try to get more! Thanks :)
  13. Spuddo

Btec.....pig semen

Live??? Errrgh
  14. Spuddo

Microscope Camera

Thanks that looks good :), I can't get the Flexicam to work....
  15. Spuddo

Microscope Camera

Dear All, We are looking for a camera to attach to a microscope for display on the 'whiteboard', which one would you recommend?
  16. Spuddo

Pension

In an Independent School, ours is Standard Life.....
  17. Spuddo

Pension

Yes, I found out recently that if I took a lump sum from a matured pension, I could not use it to 'top up' another one..... Not sure about the transfer in from an old scheme, where you need to buy a pension when it ends?
  18. Spuddo

Pension

Whaaat! I worked out I would have to pay in nearly all my salary to make any difference???...(Remember Susan)
  19. Spuddo

Apprentice science tech - courses

OOh, where is the College you are studying??