Search results

1. Nabi

Lead Science Technician - Full Time -Hoc Est Iocus School, Central London - Closing 30/13/21

I really think a requirement of previous work experience in a circus should be added. For many other reasons apart from juggling...
  2. Nabi

Lead Science Technician - Full Time -Hoc Est Iocus School, Central London - Closing 30/13/21

I see what you did there :laughing: Whips are supplied and purchased from whole school budged I assume? So ability to juggle multiple tasks as well as to actually juggle chemical bottles? Access to the schools fitness suite at a discounted price included?
  3. Nabi

GP data grab

Thank you for this Annie your comment clarified it for me. As much as it can be clarified anyway. It seems to have been made deliberately confusing, which makes me think there is something underhanded about it :/ And now, with the deadline of the June one pushed into September, we will have...
  4. Nabi

GP data grab

I'm not sure it is to be honest as there seem to be 2 different deadlines. To be on the safe side I did both. (link to the NHS website) The form I attached is something that took me a while to dig out and I wasn't sure it was the correct one, but as my GP is literally 5min walk away I popped...
  5. Nabi

GP data grab

I suppose I do object, depending on what is being used for. I wouldn't want sensitive info like DOB and address to be used to clean my account :P I exaggerate here, but only slightly. I would have less qualms if it was anonymised and only used for research. As it stands your data is assigned a...
  6. Nabi

GP data grab

Some of you probably already heard about this, but for those who didn't I thought it's worth bringing up. Especially that the deadline to opt-out is 23th of June (so in 2 weeks). If you are not happy with your medical data fuelling big data and ending up in the hands of commercial entities you...
  7. Nabi

Vaccine reaction

So many things to unpack... 1. "A vaccination will provide more of an immune response then actually relying on my body to fight off the infection?!?!" - Two things to address here. Firstly your body doesn't have to produce a better immune response when vaccinated vs when infected. The same...
  8. Nabi

best plants for asexual reproduction

As far as asexual reproduction goes shrinking violets might be what you are looking for. Ba Dum Tss...
  9. Nabi

Cancelled pracs are so frustrating

I agree with you to a certain extent. However in my experience it's always the same people that tend to pull that sort of bullpoop. Which tells me that: A. they are not very good at teaching the content in the time available B. they are generally quite disorganized Most often it's the...
  10. Nabi

Vaccine reaction

When I had my Pfizer jab on Saturday, a couple of weeks ago, the pain in the arm developed quite quickly. About 5h after having the shot it was quite achy (especially when lifting it up), it continued to be painful the next day (Sunday). On Monday it was noticeably less achy. By Tuesday I forgot...
  11. Nabi

Vaccine reaction

The U.S. spends more on health care as a share of the economy — nearly twice as much as the average OECD country — yet has the lowest life expectancy and highest suicide rates among the 11 nations. "Compared to peer nations, the U.S. has among the highest number of hospitalizations from...
  12. Nabi

Work experience

University placements are probably best as she might get the chance to work in an actual neuroscience lab. For example https://www.qmul.ac.uk/blizard/research/centres/centre-for-neuroscience-surgery-and-trauma/ (lab experience placements for A-Level students at the bottom of the page). She might...
  13. Nabi

Vaccine reaction

That's the impression I was under as well. On a side note, apparently in couple of states they now have what is called a 'vaccine lottery'. For 5 weeks every week a reward of $1,000,000 will be offered randomly to one person that recently vaccinated. I guess that's one way to get the supporters...
  14. Nabi

Lone Tech feeling anxious. :(

Funnily enough I was thinking through possibility of such a scenario while sipping on a blue Fanta over the weekend. I hope it will be out of the shop shelves by the time we start experiments in September...
  15. Nabi

You want what?

Just today, Chemistry A-Level teachers darkens my door in the morning asking if we have more 2dp balances. Me: Do you NEEEED more balances? Teacher: Well we only have 1 in the lab... Me: Are you SUUUURE...? She failed to spot the other one <.< It's the same teacher that came in asking what do...
  16. Nabi

Sorry I need to rant

This reminded me of that one year (first year?) in my current school when I decorated a small Xmas tree and had it on my desk to cheer myself up. Soon it became something that was requisitioned for Secret Santa...I was NOT happy about it <.<
  17. Nabi

Sorry I need to rant

In situations like this I always wish I had enough of an IDGAF attitude to just call in and say "Oh nooo, I got myself a nasty cold, guess you'll have to manage without me. Sorry, teehee!" Then have a cuppa and watch it all crash and burn :laughing:
  18. Nabi

Vaccine reaction

I had my first jab on Saturday, Pfizer. Sore arm for about a day and a half and that's that. If anything I was doing my weekly house cleaning on Sunday with weirdly more energy than usual o_O?
  19. Nabi

What do you read?

Sounds interesting! I just finished 'Factfulness' by Hans Rosling (as I needed some cheering up after ' Parable of the Sower' by Octavia E. Butler...amazing writer btw). Very readable journey through world in numbers (that are actually very positive in terms of women education, vaccination...
  20. Nabi

Oops.......

My most impressive ooops will probably forever be the triiodotoluene geyser I managed to produce in my organic chemistry lab during uni times. Bless my little brain I decided to speed things up and added solid sodium hydroxide to a mixture boiling under reflux. The content of the flask ended up...