Search results

1. M

Is this the beginning of the end for the Science Technician role?

I read through all the vacancies (non-teaching) at this college. Have you seen the registered nurse salary?, (1 long day, 1 short day and an over night shift 30.5 hours.)
  2. M

Glassware and general labware-

I'm used to a pre-covid situation (9 + Years as a Senior Sci Tech used to) where each lab has enough general labware and teachers mostly ensure glassware is cleaned where possible by the students or placed in a separate container to be cleaned and other equipment is put back in its place...
  3. M

Hi, It isn't a covid thing- the glassware is just provided for each class.
  4. M

Is it a usual 'thing' for Technicians to provide glassware and basic labware for each practical? (General stuff isn't stored in labs- i.e. 250cc beakers, conical flasks, retort stands etc..) I've never experienced this before!
  5. M

Planner for Technicians

Thankyou for this suggestion, I use excel sheets for a number of things, however I like the thought process that goes into using a tangible planner. It's just the way I work! (plus the merit of a personal planner normally means that no one can adjust the requisitions)
  6. M

Planner for Technicians

Thankyou- it's the space available as they are all (as I can see) a day to a page- we have an 8 period day (not 6 as I mistyped before!) And as a Technician, I (and we! )have more than one lesson per period to plan and organise for. I shall keep looking....
  7. M

Planner for Technicians

Hello, Does anyone know of where I could source an A4 planner? I collate my requisitions and use an A4 lined exercise book (which I line myself and split 6 periods over a double page spread). Teachers' planners are mostly a day to a page so there's not quite enough space for details.
  8. M

Hello and Thank you from Sunny Cumbria

Hello! I'm at Dixons Allerton Academy, what's BFA?? I'm unfamiliar with Bradford (I don't live in the area)
  9. M

Hello and Thank you from Sunny Cumbria

Hello Everyone! I currently work in Bradford as a Senior Science Technician. I took a two year 'sabbatical' from being a Senior Science Technician after 9 years, but have now rejoined the technician family. This website and it's discussion forums have been really useful in helping me getting...