Search results

1. K

Masking up

We haven't had any positive cases from LFTs, but if we did start to get them, I would go back to wearing mine
  2. K

Masking up

I'm not wearing one in work now, but like others have said, I'm avoiding the corridors at busy times and staying away from the pupils. I'm still wearing one to go shopping etc. especially when it is busy
  3. K

Fancy a laugh?

That's a good idea!
  4. K

Fancy a laugh?

Do you crack the egg or keep it shelled?
  5. K

Fancy a laugh?

Ohhh! It is meant to be a placenta model. They shake it and I think the egg stays together. I think it's meant to show how the placenta it protection?
  6. K

Fancy a laugh?

It's not really the teachers fault, in the folder of practicals that we have, it just said raw egg in glass jar of water!
  7. K

Fancy a laugh?

I am new to this role, I started in January. The egg in water, in a glass jar has been requested for today. So I set it up ready. The teacher came up to check she had definitely requested it, and I said yes it's all ready and pointed to it. Turns out, the egg is meant to stay in the shell! I...
  8. K

Sodium Thiosulfate solution

I happened to be looking at the recipe book on CLEAPSS for this yesterday. This is what they say, maybe it will solve it? Freshly-made solutions often become cloudy over several hours. This is because distilled water is naturally acidic (due to dissolved carbon dioxide) which causes the...
  9. K

Calcium metal granules storage, help?

That's a great idea, thank you!
  10. K

Calcium metal granules storage, help?

We have had some feedback from the metals and acid practical, and our calcium granules that were really reactive last week, are not as reactive this week. It is from 1997, but worked really well last week. The teacher has said that maybe it is absorbing moisture so that's why it is less...
  11. K

Apprentice science tech - courses

It is called CSR, it's in Sutton Coldfield. Most of my learning will be online though and then being observed at work
  12. K

That's the course I have been put on. They asked me questions and there is still a lot for me to learn from it, just waiting to start now!
  13. K

After one of the meetings, they asked me questions to see if there was still a sufficient amount of knowledge I could learn from the course, that I didn't gain in my degree. Because the course is a specific qualification, I was eligible to do the course and be funded, because there was still a...
  14. K

I am doing a Level 3 laboratory technician course. Just waiting for 1 more meeting and then it should start!
  15. K

I started as an apprentice science technician in January, and there has been an issue with my course. I have not yet started, as they have said a 'normal' course wouldn't be funded because I have a degree. So I have been told that they are coming up with a bespoke course for me to do. Are there...