Search results

1. Kay

Climacteric Technicians

@Red Squirrel following the Davina programme I have been a little more mindful of my food and drink and am less afraid to take the stairs at work! I plan to do better but its a start. I worry about osteoporosis. My nan is terrible with it and I have the worlds worst teeth and other things. My...
  2. Kay

Is this the beginning of the end for the Science Technician role?

The jobs are out there if you can afford to wait and be selective. The Lycee in London is offering pro rata £31,000 for a senior.
  3. Kay

Climacteric Technicians

Hi All, New to the group and hopefully/possibly still a little while off. Any advice you would have given yourselves in the year/years leading up to it all? Thanks,
  4. Kay

Mouldy clinostat

I had this and pretty much did the same. Made sure it was as clean as possible before I started. I had more success with it. Just about managed to get enough out of it before it got too bad. Not nearly as impressive as Peter's version but thats about the story of my life - looking up to Peter...
  5. Kay

Storage of Enzymes

I have some ancient go to enzymes that work really well. Terrified of finishing them up.
  6. Kay

Eye dissection

Is this a demo or class set? If you are local I have a couple you can have.
  7. Kay

CLEAPSS password

Our chemistry tech received a paper copy of the bulletin.
  8. Kay

Smashing Ice!

I love my ice machine and ice crusher, saves so much time. I'd love an ice machine for home.
  9. Kay

CLOSED - Science technician Hertfordshire (Watford) CLOSING: 7th July

It says science technician all the way through then the last line says senior.
  10. Kay

Extracting Oxalic acid from rhubarb leaves.

Ooh. Thanks for the heads up.
  11. Kay

Technician interview - advice please

One bit of advice. If you mess up don't panic. I had a chemist apply for a job with my old school (I as the senior) They messed this same task up and added too much water to the volumetric. Clearly nervous as hell, was so careful and at the last bit just seemed to get the shakes and add in...
  12. Kay

Hi John J, Sounds similar to what we are planning, thanks.
  13. Kay

Hi all, I have had a request from a student for the above practical. I have sent him off to find a good method but obviously I need to look into this myself. Does anyone have any advice, methods, top tips? Thanks in advance.
  14. Kay

Corona Corona...

Now we are goggle-less. Has anyone else donated all their goggles, specs and gloves to the local hospital?
  15. Kay

Corona Corona...

That's sad. My dad used to have a hang up about his age and he ribbed me when I turned thirty. I said "well at 50 you know you are half way through life" He died a few months later. He wound me up in the months leading up to my wedding saying he would dye his hair red just to ruin my wedding...
  16. Kay

RSC Inspiring School Science Technicians event?

Just had the email. Its cancelled. edited to add - Sorry TechNewham, your post wasnt displaying when I wrote mine.
  17. Kay

Corona Corona...

Oh, close, no where exotic then. Keep us updated.
  18. Kay

Corona Corona...

Which area are you in?
  19. Kay

Corona Corona...

Ireland have closed all their schools.