Search results

1. labsleuth

Class Sizes

It's definitely an advantage and much nicer to technician!
  2. labsleuth

More Stuff

Could it be for the custard powder explosion thing where you blow it through bunsen burner flames?
  3. labsleuth

Class Sizes

Also independent school. Largest class 22, but KS4 and KS5 are often 2-12 students.
  4. labsleuth

Power supplies

We've just ordered this bundle, which works out at £123 each. More expensive, but we've got a loas already and rarely have problems with them. Depends just how "tight" money is... B8R06058 - Bench Power Unit - Pack of 5 | Philip Harris
  5. labsleuth

Mental Health Matters

@Emma Thanks, Emma. You too!
  6. labsleuth

Carbon dioxide solution

I was asked to do this a few years ago. I got a conical flask with side arm and attached some rubber tubing (like you would when making gas to fill boiling tubes etc.) I put some calcium carbonate (or whatever carbonate you've got) and added dilute hydrochloric acid. I then put this in to a...
  7. labsleuth

Carbon dioxide solution

I presume they just mean water that has had CO2 pumped in to it to lower the pH? Just make some CO2 (carbonate powder and acid) and put a delivery tube in to a beaker of water. Don't think it'll last long though, so do it fresh.
  8. labsleuth

Mental Health Matters

Last day here (except the five days I do over summer) Been such an odd year in so many ways, I feel emotionally exhausted and very much looking for some rest and recharge. Thanks to everyone on this forum (this group in particular). Have a great end of term and a lovely summer holiday! See you...
  9. labsleuth

I retire next week

Happy retirement, Carol. Sounds like you more than deserve it!
  10. labsleuth

Anyone else a Hotel Chocolat fan?

Yep. Love it. Treated my partner and I to one of their Easter eggs this year. Eye watering price, but my goodness, it was delicious!
  11. labsleuth

Fellow technicians, it is time to roll up your sleeves, this is….

Electromagnetic radiation/X ray?
  12. labsleuth

Mental Health Matters

@BioBee Congrats! Great news :D
  13. labsleuth

liquid vs gel ferroxyl indicator: rusting a nail

This is brilliant. What is it - a nail wrapped in copper wire?
  14. labsleuth

Kerboodle

We do and it's good. Easy to find practicals. Everything in one place. Some of the technician notes are a bit vague, but that's more of an AQA problem rather than a Kerboodle one. I think you'll all get on well with it.
  15. labsleuth

science badges

Science Bar Badge by School Badges UK
  16. labsleuth

Mental Health Matters

@BioBee Sounds perfect!
  17. labsleuth

Mental Health Matters

Sorry @BioBee :( That must be tough. See it as an opportunity for a fresh, new challenge! @Emma I'm so pleased the situation is sorted.