Search results

1. Arryire

Chemistry Techician Event

A former collegue of mine has invited me to this event where they will be talking about practical chemistry - all welcome and I thought I'd leave it here if anyone else would like to attend Join us on Tuesday 13th July (3-4 pm) for our LIVE session ‘Chemistry Technician Demonstration’ lead by...
  2. Arryire

Arranging / organising microscope slides

I inhertied a similar collection which were already semi sorted into small slide boxes in a label in cupboard Spent a week checking each box had what it should have (many didnt) and re-doing labels as needed I've now got them in stacks (body, animal, leaf, root, flower) type catagories which...
  3. Arryire

The new T levels in science

If your looking for anything to do with practicals, anything I have found suggested it is very similar to the btech practicals - there is a document which has a brief list of the practical skills needed. If I can refind the link I'll share
  4. Arryire

The new T levels in science

Very similar story here as well, T-levels starting next year and we are scarmbling to refurnish the labs in time I'm being pulled as tech for science, healthcare science and maybe some health and social
  5. Arryire

What are these?

I found Haemocytometer chambers about a month ago, so these would live with them?
  6. Arryire

What are these?

Would anyone have a copy of the teacher notes that comes with the westminster-electromagnetic-kit which I think this is from based on your comment
  7. Arryire

What are these?

Some unknowns in the lab clean up any help identfying would be very helpful!
  8. Arryire

Clear out donation pile - must be gone by 10th July

The rest of the photos
  9. Arryire

Clear out donation pile - must be gone by 10th July

Hi All, I've done a big clean out and have several bits of kit for donation - no guarantee working as I simply do not have time to test Collection from the oldham area pictures below Assortment of measuring cylinders 3 DC power Supplies 14 tripods 4 - 1L measuring cylinders 11 heat proof mats 1...
  10. Arryire

Finding a new power cable for balance

Tried finding the manufacturer with little luck, definitely matches those 5 pin din connector fingers crossed I find one!
  11. Arryire

Finding a new power cable for balance

Would anyone know where to look for a replacement power cable for this balance?
  12. Arryire

Excess of Test and Boiling tubes

I'm fighting a losing battle trying to keep the preproom organised with all the generic stuff we have - we have a massive excess of test tubes, combustion tubes and boiling tubes for how many labs and students we have. Before I contemplate donating them on if there anything I can make or have...
  13. Arryire

Teacher Ordering system

For me it kept crashing, I had to add my school (the can't find your school? button) then sign up worked fine after that
  14. Arryire

Naming our Science Labs

I'm inclined to agree, especially as putting equipment back where you found it is near impossible for some
  15. Arryire

Naming our Science Labs

I did consider this, but our lot is a bit disengaged at the best of times I'm not sure we would get anything at all Still might give it a go!
  16. Arryire

Naming our Science Labs

I might name my prep room that!
  17. Arryire

Naming our Science Labs

I did pitch it to the teachers, they didn't seem won over!
  18. Arryire

Naming our Science Labs

I've only been here for 6 months, I think I've made a massive impact but maybe not in the eyes of others!
  19. Arryire

Naming our Science Labs

I loved the idea of these, when I pitched them to our teachers they said they don't want to name it after someone in science but a science-y word. Apparently, if we don't come up with anything they will just name it after one of the teachers!
  20. Arryire

Hypoallergenic Disposable Gloves

https://www.betterequipped.co.uk/safety-equipment/gloves/pack-of-12-cotton-backed-chrome-glove-94000 Bought a pack in September still more than half full!