Search results

1. JHRoss

producing oxygen to go into boiling tubes

No I am talking about jar only, it's for demonstration of sodium combustion in pure oxygen
  2. JHRoss

producing oxygen to go into boiling tubes

If I produce today the oxygen in the jar and then seal it using some vaseline can I use it next day or the oxygen will have been escaped?
  3. JHRoss

Combustion of sodium metal in pure oxygen

Greetings to everyone, Please have a look on this youtube video Go to 3:20 and take a look at what he is doing, he cuts a little piece of sodium metal and let it burn in pure oxygen, Have you ever done this? Is it safe? Any health and safety advice? Regards
  4. JHRoss

Chemicals need to be delivered next day morning or same day

Greetings to everyone, Is there any hack when you desperately need some chemicals asap? Next day morning or same day in the afternoon? If there is any supplier that you believe is capable of doing this please pm me, Is there any other secrets I need to know when it comes to an urgent purchase...
  5. JHRoss

9 Layer Density Tower

Thank you CovTech
  6. JHRoss

9 Layer Density Tower

So ethanol, butanol, propanol etc. could be considered as lamp oils as well?
  7. JHRoss

9 Layer Density Tower

Well I can't purchase lamp oil so my top layer will be the alcohol and then the vegetable oil, So I believe they are definitely going to distinguish as layers but of course I will first try it, Would you suggest olive or other plant oil?
  8. JHRoss

9 Layer Density Tower

What could I use instead of rubbing alcohol? Any kind of ethanol contaminated slightly with food colouring will do the job?
  9. JHRoss

One agar plate disposal (no autoclave bags available)

Thanks a lot!
  10. JHRoss

I am not quite sure that I have understood what do you mean, Maybe because I never used an autoclave bag before
  11. JHRoss

Do I place the agar jelly with the colonies only in the autoclave bag or the whole petri dishes?
  12. JHRoss

Combustion of Strontium

Yes just saw it too, Many thanks!
  13. JHRoss

Combustion of Strontium

No it's going to be some sets as well for the reaction with oxygen, With water yes demo
  14. JHRoss

Combustion of Strontium

Greetings to everyone, When it comes to the combustion of Strontium practical, which form should I prefer the Strontium to be in? Granules? Dendritic pieces? We are going to put in water as well to see the reaction Regards
  15. JHRoss

Eye dissection

When it comes to the disinfection stage after a dissection would an antiseptic do the job or I will need Virkon?
  16. JHRoss

Ofsted.......

I am working on it...
  17. JHRoss

Ofsted.......

Been told that Ofsted never looks like a H&S audit but they could actually "interrogate" the technician in regards to theoretical aspects of the job (meaning of H&S and how to impart to kids and such things)
  18. JHRoss

Bactericidal Dishwash Liquid has escaped

No holes on the container though
  19. JHRoss

Blown bulbs, recycle or dispose?

Greetings to everyone, When it comes to blown bulbs what are we supposed to do? To recycle or to dispose? If they are to be disposed which kind of disposal should we choose? Regards