Recent content by Vee

1. V

iPad Requisition Sheets/Systems

Thats tough.... we have 5 teachers and 2 trainess, and 12 ipads. one teacher ALWAYS books them in before anyone else, and he has had comments from everyone regarding this. so I totally feel your pain. you may be able to split them up into 2 sets of 15 if that is at all possible, and you can try...
  2. V

Mental Health Matters

we break up next week - have a good summer all
  3. V

I retire next week

Enjoy your time for you Carol - will miss another great tech on here :) Good luck
  4. V

Anyone know who sells these bottles?

https://www.scientificlabs.co.uk/product/BOT3304 sorry i forgot to do it in my first message... there is a range when you get to the page and then you can get the size you want. i typed bottle into the search tab on sls website :) happy bottle shopping :)
  5. V

Anyone know who sells these bottles?

i just got some from sls
  6. V

..thanks for all the fish..

best wishes :)
  7. V

Practical notice period

mine is 2pm thursday for the following week - im also a lone tech with 6 teachers and 5 labs. last min pracs are only done if I have time and its easy to get together. else its a no and the teachers have learnt no is no
  8. V

Science lab taps ... water fountain

or have the other fall back line "but my group are so good, they wouldnt do this!"
  9. V

Are techs sometimes too hard on themselves?

yeah we can be hard on ourselves sometimes, but we are all human and often forget stuff. I do what I can and let the teachers know, but then anything after that is on them. dont be hard on yourself and remember we are all in the same boat - you are not alone. have a good day :)
  10. V

Can a tech step in to stop a practical?

I have teachers here who havent done certain pracs, and I trial them after school so the teachers know what they are doing. One teacher missed the trial as she was unwell, so I firmly said no prac as trial wasnt done. it hasnt always been like this here, but after a few things like CuO in sinks...
  11. V

Does anyone use Labster?

lol. i've just watched it too, and I also thought the same thing :laughing: :laughing:
  12. V

Van de Graaff

same... works really well
  13. V

Making rates of reaction micro kits

where is it on CLEAPSS? it sounds interesting. i have made other microscale items for the electrolysis, and I used a soldeiring iron to burn the hole into the plastic. i have also used a hot nail to get the desired size of hole.
  14. V

Piddle tests

i used yellow food colouring or tea bags. I once told the group ready to do the prac, that they had better use it as I spent ages making it:laughing: :p:p the look on their faces was priceless and they were genuinely horrified. like the thought of adding ammonia for the smell...
  15. V

Essential equipment failure !!!!!!!!!

Happy Friday indeedy.... love the hack :)