Recent content by Skeoch05

1. Skeoch05

Space window

Giant poster of constellations / galaxies?
  2. Skeoch05

Spot the safety Hazard

There's quite a few if you search on google images. There's a common one from TES on there
  3. Skeoch05

Training targets for newly joined chemistry technician

Helen at the STEM learning centre has put together a STEM technicians career pathway, that might be of interest.
  4. Skeoch05

crucibles

I've been putting HCl in them to clean them, but I think someone mentioned something about dodgy gases coming off.
  5. Skeoch05

Rejoining thermometer threads

I wrap some string around the thermometer and swing it around, this tends to fix it, as long as the thermometers doesn't come flying out.
  6. Skeoch05

North East Science Technicians

Bolams in Sedgefield (01740 621122) let you have them for free. The also do Ox heart and some lungs as well as probably most other things.
  7. Skeoch05

Viewing magnesium through a welding filter

CLEAPSS advise against looking in-directly at it
  8. Skeoch05

ECT's

Luckily we didn't have any science ECTs when I started, just 13 teachers and 10 labs / classrooms. Hope you get some help soon.
  9. Skeoch05

ECT's

If they ignore H&S then refuse to let them do practicals. I have weekly sessions where I demo upcoming practicals / new practicals for the teachers and ECTs. I also generally let ECTs / trainee teachers have more leeway in handing in late requests if possible. Quite often I'll discuss the...
  10. Skeoch05

Quadrats

SLS sell foldable ones, you could use string to make the mesh?
  11. Skeoch05

Bubbles in Thermometers

I just wrap some string around the thermometer and swing it around a bit.
  12. Skeoch05

Potassium permanganate and glycerol not catching fire

Last time I used 2 spatulas of Pot Mang and 6 drops of glycerol
  13. Skeoch05

Anyone know who sells these bottles?

I think breckland / SLS / philip harris do them as well.
  14. Skeoch05

LED Raybox

Like Paul said the battery packs are the main problem. I've scrapped the battery packs and just use leads instead.
  15. Skeoch05

Stop Clocks

Maybe for cookery? or just to annoy us ...