Recent content by Sharon Elsdon

1. Sharon Elsdon

how long have you worked as a technician?

12 and a half years as an science tech at this school and a colour tech before that for 8 years.
  2. Sharon Elsdon

23 & Me Test Kits!

Can you explain some more, this sounds really interesting, I've not heard of it before.
  3. Sharon Elsdon

No water

This was my understanding too
  4. Sharon Elsdon

No water

And adding to that it is a hot day and you need to be able to access hydration as well. I'm not sure their logic is correct.
  5. Sharon Elsdon

Sad/bad news

I just was having a look in different parts of Preproom and noticed this news. What a loss for George's family and friends. He was such a fountain of knowledge and helped so many of us. Thank you for posting Mike and allowing us to put a face to the avatar.
  6. Sharon Elsdon

And it's not even dinner yet!

Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey! What a day. I agree the AQA assessments haven't been thought through well with no enough space. Hope the coffee helped, once you brewed more!
  7. Sharon Elsdon

Extra-Curricular fun

Some great hobbies on here. I do love cross stitch but haven't had time for years to do it until lockdown 1 and I did a retirement gift and a Disney stitch one which I love. I also love triathlon. Training for my first one when I can get to it but it will be a short distance as I'm permanently...
  8. Sharon Elsdon

Retired, again!

Happy Retirement!
  9. Sharon Elsdon

Big Lead Castle

If you didn't want it, maybe someone would buy it off you?
  10. Sharon Elsdon

IMS not actually IMS!

Hope you get it sorted. We haven't had any IMS from Better Equipped otherwise I would have checked and let you know.
  11. Sharon Elsdon

Is eating allowed in the prep room?

I have a designated computer area and no chemicals etc are ever on that area. As the others say with Covid it's the best area in absence of other areas to go to.
  12. Sharon Elsdon

Thank you and Goodbye

Good Luck with your next journey
  13. Sharon Elsdon

Face masks and Bunsen burners

Yes they should, as long as there are no dangling ties and they are well fitting. CLEAPSS are advising this currently, it's in one of the guides for Covid.
  14. Sharon Elsdon

Training a new technician

The CLEAPSS website has an online H&S training for Techs at the moment, that maybe helpful for them to watch. Happy baby time too for you.....
  15. Sharon Elsdon

Students wearing Covid Masks using Bunsen Burners FIRE Safety Guidance

I asked a few months ago and it's also now in thoday's release. As long as there are no dangling straps etc all is good. It's similar to wearing a tie.