1. O

Science Technicians Pay Scales, Grades, Spinal Points

how does one become a senior lab tech?
  2. O

pH rainbow

I use pH buffer solutions
  3. O

Decay

shame about the insects, would be more interesting to see with microbes only
  4. O

Wanted - colourimeter

if youd be willing to post I can pay the postage? One or two would be fine depending on size/weight, most things can go RM 2nd class for about £3.35
  5. O

Wanted - colourimeter

Anyone got a working one they dont need?
  6. O

Buchner funnels

We could do with those please, Im in North Wales
  7. O

Experiment with food in Physics

whats this one?
  8. O

equipment ID please

most interesting thanks
  9. O

equipment ID please

Found this unusual burette type thing amidst a pile of broken burettes (why?) and cant work out what it would be for. It seems like it could be for mixing but I cant work out why you'd want to. Any thoughts? Tia
  10. O

Algal balls

those are some excellent balls, mine are much darker, dont know if thats a good thing or not
  11. O

Transition metals test?

id skipped that one as id only seen the ammonia test, nice one thanks!
  12. O

Transition metals test?

Hi all, would anybody happen to have a simple practical for testing transition metals with hydroxide (i.e. precipitates) that they wouldnt mind sharing with me please?
  13. O

visible ligand exchange not working

mystery solved - after checking all the HCl stock it turns out that 3 out of the 4 bottles are not viable, not sure if the previous tech diluted them and not labelled or what, never mind, im glad it wasnt me anyway
  14. O

visible ligand exchange not working

thanks, ive just done that whilst waiting, made 2M and made no difference how much HCl I added, all the reagents are fairly new too.
  15. O

Laboratories used as Form rooms

The cleapss guidance says must not be used even for registration by non science teachers. This is something that's happening this term in our school, the 6th form are being registered in the science classroom which seems to have been OK'd by the senior management of which one is an A level...