Recent content by Ollie Smith

1. Ollie Smith

Christmas!!

Hello all, thought I would get ahead of the game with Christmas round the corner! Has anyone got any Christmas themed activities / practical's that could be done towards the end of term ? Thanks
  2. Ollie Smith

Reasons to be cheerful part 2

my reasons to be cheerful, I work with 3 other amazing techs! we laugh every day
  3. Ollie Smith

Job role

Hello everyone, I’ve been a science technician for 4 years now and I’m in the process of reviewing my Job description, which entails listing all tasks I do within my role... Can you help with an extensive list of things as techs we do.
  4. Ollie Smith

Glowing water still

Ours is very efficient, will pop if too hot or not enough water. We Decale often and only had to change the element once in 5 years
  5. Ollie Smith

Unions

Unision here, very good! I am also my Unions Health and Saftey Rep so I would be biased and recommend them :P
  6. Ollie Smith

New Techy induction

What we ended up doing, is sending them on a weeks course ran by STEM, highly recommend and to go for the aspire grant so the school actually gain money from doing it (Whats better motivation than that) The job we do as techs is so broad and different from workplace to work place guess its hard...
  7. Ollie Smith

New Techy induction

Hello all, We have a new technician starting in a few weeks. Just wondering what people do when you get new members of staff joining the team, what preproom induction do you give? (HR will give formal School induction) We don't want to throw them into the deep end and scare them off :D...
  8. Ollie Smith

Spare time activities...

Ah Yes a Scouter, that will take plenty of time if your bored #SkillsForLife
  9. Ollie Smith

Work Experience student

Thank you i'm trying to put together an Itinerary
  10. Ollie Smith

Work Experience student

Hello, looking for some ideas please! We have a year 11 student coming into the Preproom with us as the end of the year (the quieter time) has anyone got any ideas / activities they could get up to during the week Thanks in advance
  11. Ollie Smith

View from Your Prep Room

The assistant head teachers office :eek:
  12. Ollie Smith

Respirometer

Yes we have now sent back our non working resirometers and got some working ones now, Mung beans did the job along with woodlice
  13. Ollie Smith

Respirometer

We have gotten some of our U- Shaped ones working now think its bad valves, any more tips welcome.
  14. Ollie Smith

Respirometer

Hello there, We are trying to set up a respirometer but having no luck getting it working we have followed the CLEAPSS video guide and can't see where we are going wrong D: Can anyone suggest and tips or ticks that might get it going , Thanks