Recent content by NELE

1. NELE

Power supplies

Set at 9V to avoid the PSU being overloaded and stop the bulb 'flickering' issue
  2. NELE

Sink Covers

Id have a word with DT. In you can purchase the same or similar finish then I'm guessing DT would be happy to (laser) cut to size. If not, possibly the company who fitted the labs in the first place.
  3. NELE

Satz power packs varying current problem

Have them at 9V, not one failed yet over the years. Cheap and cheerful for that very use over 5kg PH Ranger PSUs going upstairs. Horses for courses
  4. NELE

Ballistics practical

We do this with an air rifle with the bullet aimed at some plasticine placed on an air track
  5. NELE

Horses for courses, I agree one size fits all for PSUs isn't necessary the only way to do things when it comes to PSUs
  6. NELE

I bought a set of those Satz PSUs, so i didn't have to lug the other PH ranger 8.5A PSUs upstairs when they was using ray boxes
  7. NELE

These also work fine with ray boxes with 12V 24W bulbs
  8. NELE

In agreement with @Tonytech the 1.5A supplies are not suited for heavy current experiments like electromagnets or specific heat capacity.
  9. NELE

Labelled spectroscope, is it?

Handheld spectroscope for visible light shows the absorption lines of the elements involved in producing its color. Spectroscope breaks up the light that is being transmitted to see the various wavelengths absorbed. For example, would give a different analysis if the source was a sodium or...
  10. NELE

What are these?

You can still buy the kits and yours looks quite recent. Worth ringing up your usual suppliers and saying the instructions have been misplaced.
  11. NELE

What are these?

103318 Transformer C Cores and clips, plus some split Al rings for induction, blue plastic things not sure what they are called but place a plotting compass in the middle surrounded by insulated wound wire for making a simple galvanometer I concur 103414 is part of demountable transformer
  12. NELE

LogIt black boxes

Do you know if it has any storage compatibility?
  13. NELE

LogIt black boxes

For what its worth we have, SensorLab for uLog software I'll email logitworld and see if they can point me in the right direction.
  14. NELE

LogIt black boxes

Hi all, we have a few of these along with various sensors. On the SensorLab software, in the right hand pane there's an option for oscilloscope. However this is 'greyed out', if you hover over it a small dialogue box appears stating you need and 'analogue sensor'. Long story short, what...
  15. NELE

Science Technician Interview Questions

Hi Laura, try using the search function in the top right by your user name. https://community.preproom.org/index.php?search/50785/&q=Science+Technician+Interview+Questions&o=date