Recent content by magnaflourious

1. magnaflourious

Traning New Technican

Thank you! :) That's always excellent to hear, I'll cut down on the biscuits this week to make room!
  2. magnaflourious

Skills for New Technicians - York - 18th October

That's great to hear, I'm really looking forward to it! I've been told the food is great :)
  3. magnaflourious

I imagine I'd have been in the same boat if my work wasn't in a bursary catchment area, but when they can get paid to send us.... $$$ money talks!
  4. magnaflourious

I was just wondering if anyone from here is going on the Skills for New Technicians STEM residential in York next week? Would be awesome to potentially meet a few of you!
  5. magnaflourious

Traning New Technican

Thanks for this post; was looking for ways to continue my CPD from the level 3 NVQ/BTEC apprenticeship, and this thread made me check what it was all about and boom, bursary-funded 3 day residential in York from Monday! Onwards we go :)
  6. magnaflourious

***Sleeve Rolling Championship*** Season 2: The Never-Ending Sleeve.

Thus he recruited the mouse, resigned to whiskers and wine,...
  7. magnaflourious

***Sleeve Rolling Championship*** Season 2: The Never-Ending Sleeve.

He activated all six alkali metals: The Infinity Tyrone's!...
  8. magnaflourious

iPad Requisition Sheets/Systems

Big fan of this approach, the biscuit cupboard stock is getting low, saves us the hassle!
  9. magnaflourious

If we can't think of a better system then we are definitely taking the backseat with biscuits approach and leaving things how they are, just have to give them a friendly reminder on how to be nice and share!
  10. magnaflourious

The two sets of 15 idea is a solid shout; see if we can get an even distribution of teacher requests on both sides to reduce the load on either set. Thank you for the advice! Sadly no timestamps on the spreadsheet, but the prioritising for year group/activity is interesting; speaking about this...
  11. magnaflourious

Hi all, hope you've all had a lovely week. We're getting towards the end of the year and, as usual, the 'fun' lessons commence! This, however, has highlighted a flaw in our weekly iPad requisition system, where teachers are booking 5/6/7 lessons worth of iPads as soon as the excel spreadsheet is...
  12. magnaflourious

how long have you worked as a technician?

Coming up to 4 years in 3 days, in that time I've got through a level 2 and level 3 NVQ/BTEC apprenticeship, soon to be a qualified member of the team!