Recent content by Jeff

1. J

Respirator cartridge for Bromine?

I once breathed in Bromine vapour and it didn't affect me at all, ik, ik, ik, i ,nkakmijfsiisajf:toxic:didisioi,dddddhsaiIOoioLOAOI:cake::lightbulb2::frankenstein::einstein::danger: they're coming to take me away HA HA:laughing:
  2. J

Model Lungs

Is there a blockage or restriction in the pipe?
  3. J

Asbestos floors

Well done Kaj!:greatjob:
  4. J

Model Lungs

Oooooh Matron!!!!!
  5. J

Lab logger

Have a look at the LabLogger User Group at the bottom of the list.
  6. J

Discs with marbles

Probably wax 'cos I don't think that petroleum jelly would hold a marble's weight.
  7. J

Sheep head help!

I noticed the roadkill Buddah!
  8. J

Sheep head help!

I bought a pigs head from the butcher, for domestic use, I asked him to leave the eyes in, as it then would see me through the week!!:)
  9. J

Astrology

I've been working for 50 years, always in a scientific environment, and I've noticed, and commented on this, over the years, but there seems to be a preponderance of Librans, as I am, amongst my colleagues.
  10. J

Bubbles in Thermometers

Oooohhhh Matron!!!!
  11. J

How do *you* pronounce chromatography

I have a teacher who pronounces Biuret as buy-ure-ray, I've often wondered, is she correct or are 99% of us wrong?
  12. J

Geiger Tube Holder

I don't quite understand why they cost so much, glorified bulb holder really aren't they? I suppose they charge so much because you are forced to pay it if you need one , it would be difficult/ unsafe to codge something up. I wonder if you could get a PET to BNC adaptor?
  13. J

Hello!

Welcome Becky, don't worry if we all appear to be mad, it's because we ARE all mad!!!!:D
  14. J

An alternative to the Potassium manganate diffusion prac' please.

We sometimes use onions in a frying pan over the bunsen on the front bench. The students put their hands up when they smell the onions.
  15. J

Any Animals for sale

Animals for sale? You can have some of our students for free!! :)