Recent content by Helen A Miller

1. Helen A Miller

And it's not even dinner yet!

Sounds like your having a week like mine, Sunday parking ticket because I failed to activate the "app" correctly. Monday feel off a small step ladder Hip made huge popping sound agony for 2 days, Tuesday knocked over a 10litre container of distilled water screw cap popped off water everywhere...
  2. Helen A Miller

Rescue dog

I agree, unfortunately I am a bit of a wildlife buff so I have holes in my fences that go into the woods behind my house for foxes/hedgehogs to pass through the garden which they do regularly. So no keeping them in the garden if they go out and with the woods they would easily get lost...
  3. Helen A Miller

Rescue dog

Got 2 rescue black cats (i just love them) back in November. They were terribly afraid at first hid for a week not even coming out to eat till we went to bed. Slowly coming round Bonnie will come to me now when I call her just about. But Clyde ignores everyone, just gives the merest ear twitch...
  4. Helen A Miller

Brand new grey gratnell trays for sale £1 each

Hi Mark, I could buy £20 worth from you cash but would need a receipt as I will need to claim back the money. Would that work or are you unable to take cash on collection.
  5. Helen A Miller

Brand new gratell trays for sale £1 each

Hi Mark, I could buy £20 worth from you, cash but you would have to give a receipt as I would have to claim it back. Would that be ok? or have you had a firmer offer.
  6. Helen A Miller

Risk assessments and COSHH

CLEAPSS Hazcards are a risk assessment, if there is no hazcard for the chemical it probably shouldn't be in school?
  7. Helen A Miller

Christmas jumper day

Boring here too, BAH HUMBUG
  8. Helen A Miller

Rescue dog

I know it's way off topic but I got a rescue cat (he was aged 8 when I got him) He was really cuddly and friendly purred loudly and came to his name no problem, But he didn't meow for a year and he suddenly played after nearly 2 years. We had tried everything to get him to play but he just...
  9. Helen A Miller

Delivery tubes

I wear riggers gloves from screwfix they have suede on the palms. lots of washing up liquid diluted, and wriggle a cork borer that the glass fits inside of, through the bung first but make sure you can draw it out again. Think about which way the glass goes, I usually fit the cork borer in from...
  10. Helen A Miller

North Kent Technician Network

Room swaps are a nightmare too as many science classes are not in a lab any more at all. So to do practical they have to swap that means more cleaning and restrictions etc.
  11. Helen A Miller

Hi Everybody, We are doing practicals as normal. The restrictions and safety measures are making it tricky. There is much more cleaning and quarantining needed and more planning to ensure equipment doesn't cross bubbles etc. The storage is our biggest problem at the moment. To try and reduce the...
  12. Helen A Miller

What are you favourite YouTube channels?

There are a lot of very small commuter vehicles coming through the system now, Many come from France where teenagers are allowed to drive them, I have seen on You tube quite a few of these little mini city cars, bit safer than an e bike or a motor bike but not a full size car.
  13. Helen A Miller

What are you favourite YouTube channels?

I watch a lot of "fully charged" and many other you tubers promoting renewable energy and electrification of transport. I also like Simon's Cat, and other cute things (am a bit of a girly at times). Also dash cam videos, Abandoned engineering/ architecture, I like to be in the know with new...
  14. Helen A Miller

The school finishes tomorrow but I don't work Fridays so I'm finishing today roll on 3.30pm.