Recent content by Emil Tac

1. Emil Tac

lablogger down again?

I know it's Monday morning... So what you're saying is the beta version is beta? Drop down and give me 20 sleeve rollups soldier!
  2. Emil Tac

lablogger down again?

So what you're saying is the beta version is better?
  3. Emil Tac

Group 7 reactions

I assume this is the formation of silver halide precipitates? If so, the concentrated ammonia is usually used to differentiate between silver chloride/bromide precipitates. We use conc ammonia (from the stock bottle) inside a fume cupboard. 8M isn't an unreasonable concentration for this...
  4. Emil Tac

lablogger down again?

Shots fired!
  5. Emil Tac

"Devious Licks" Trend

Thanks for this!
  6. Emil Tac

Pay

They also don't have Hotel Chocolat there, so pass.
  7. Emil Tac

Pay

Glad I'm not the only one. Any school science technician positions going in Iceland?
  8. Emil Tac

Do you need a science degree in one of the sciences to become a tech?

The science technician job is a weird one which breaks the laws of nature. It's in demand, with low supply so that would dictate a high salary right?
  9. Emil Tac

Class supervision

The problem is that the clause is almost always unilateral, meaning it's the employer which ultimately decides what is "appropriate". It doesn't specify any sort of consent or agreement with the employee. You would ultimately have to go to court and a judge will decide. This is an incredible...
  10. Emil Tac

Class supervision

Unless it's an actual emergency, I will refuse to step in. I am not trained in classroom management and certainly not getting paid for it.
  11. Emil Tac

Do you need a science degree in one of the sciences to become a tech?

If wages rose with REAL inflation the last few decades, not the fantasy "1%" then £34k for a starting science technician wage in London is actually a realistic figure. Unfortunately, we live in a corrupt and manipulated economy which has kept wages seriously suppressed for the lower and middle...
  12. Emil Tac

SciChem deliveries and billing for things that haven't arrived

Yup, I never liked them too for the same reasons.