Recent content by Allibabba 71

1. A

Activate B2 1.6 Identifying unknown substances

Hi, I have been asked to do this experiment, however I do not have any iron III nitrate, is there a substitute I can use?
  2. A

Open evening...

thank you, that is one on my list!
  3. A

Open evening...

Open Evening...Hi all, has anyone got any good experiments for open evening, we need to pull out all the stops this year!!
  4. A

flame test using spray bottles...

I thought you could only use 10ml?
  5. A

If I'm using only 10ml ethanol and just a bit of water to dissolve the compound then there is hardly any solution in the bottle and it wont spray?
  6. A

I've been told I can only use 10ml of Ethanol so there is hardly any solution in the bottle?...Confussed??
  7. A

Ah ok, so I have 96% rectified Ethanol which I've not diluted and mixed with copper sulphate, do I need to add water to this mix?
  8. A

Thank you I will have a look :-)
  9. A

Hi, Has anyone done the flame test using spray bottles...what are the most effective and do you use ethanol to make the solution??
  10. A

Iron Oxide

Thank you, I will ask if that is what she means....He sounds a cool science teacher!
  11. A

Iron Oxide

Hi, one of my science teachers has asked me to look up a practical to do with Iron oxide and extracting the oxide, somewhere there are carbon rods and blowpipes involved???? Total confused, can anyone help please??
  12. A

extracting DNA prac

This is what i said!
  13. A

extracting DNA prac

oh will look at that thanks
  14. A

extracting DNA prac

Yep very gross, I will have a look at the strawberry one, Thank you.