Who is still in work?

Discussion in 'Science Technicians - General Discussion' started by DHudsonGrange, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Yes make it your own Ophelia. Mine is arranged Alphabetically and I could go in there blindfolded (not reommended folks) and get the chemical I wanted. I'm afraid I'm not a fan of cleaning since my Pixies left me to clean and do the washing up for another Technician.:D:D:D

Ophelia likes this.
  2. Yes, I think this is the perfect job for me!

3. I’ve pretty much been told I can do what I like! The stock take is a big job though, so hopefully I’ll finish it before September o_O

GeorgetheScienceTech likes this.
  4. Yes, tell me about it Ophelia - I just completed my stock take yesterday after washing, drying and folding 90 lab coats. All my entries are placed in a Spread Sheet and linked to an Access Database.:)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Ophelia likes this.
  5. Same here too.

GeorgetheScienceTech and Ophelia like this.
  6. Great minds think alike Happy days!:D

Ophelia likes this.
  7. :D

Ophelia likes this.
  8. Take care if you're on your own Ophelia, might be a job best done when others are around.

GeorgetheScienceTech and Ophelia like this.
  9. Thanks for the advice Hands :) I am on my own today so I won’t be touching any of the concentrated acids, poisons etc.

GeorgetheScienceTech likes this.
  10. That's very good advive from Hands Solo @Hands Solo Ophelia. I never do anything dangerous when on my own as it's so easy to be overcome with fumes etc. For that reason I asked for a telephone to be installed in the Prep Room as it would be my only way of getting help quickly.:)

Ophelia likes this.
  11. Nick Mitchener

Nick Mitchener COMMITTEE

Not convinced a telephone means you can work alone though, we have one in each preproom as we need to be able to take calls, talk to suppliers etc, I don't see it as a safety feature.

Happy days and Ophelia like this.
  12. I know I shouldn’t say this because I’m moaning again, but I’m shocked at the state of the chemical store. The stock control is really poor :(

13. Well then I'm on my own most of term time.

Ophelia likes this.
  14. Dod

Dod

Back in the saddle with me shoulder on the grindstone and nose in the wheel and rarin' to go

Helen J and Happy days like this.
  15. Karen O

Karen O Karen O

Last day today, 2.30 finish and all I have left to do is a bit of copying, sweep and mop the prep room. Can't wait. Back in on the 29th and 30th to put orders away and try and give myself a heads start before the chaos commences.:D

Happy days likes this.
  16. Anyone in this week? I’ve been in all week and last week too. It’s been quiet and I’ve made good progress in sorting out the chemical store and doing a full stock check. Yesterday I finally managed to separate the flammable solids from the flammable liquids, so I feel a lot better now!

17. Hi ophelia. I've been on holiday for the past 3 weeks. Came in today to hear the great news that 2 of our students have got in to do Medicine at Oxford and Cambridge and all the rest destined for Russell Group Uni's. Congrats on your Stock check. may I suggest that you enter the location of your Chemicals if you have external vaults in addition to your main Chemical Store.:D:)

Ophelia likes this.
  18. That’s great George! Our results were pretty good.

We don’t have an external store, not that I’m aware of anyway!

19. I have been in a few days this week. Cracked on with defrosting, cleaning and sorting out the fridges, wishing I had done this a few weeks ago when it was sweltering!!
    Started the chemical stock take today - doing General organics and organics as in labs on my own. as always forgotten how time consuming this is!