What's new?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Leanne, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Hello!

I've been on maternity leave since Xmas 2017, but I am back! (Had a little girl on Monday 22nd January, shes fab!)

What have I missed?

I've managed to wing my way through the first 2 weeks including the open night this week and have SCITT students in 2 days next week..... No doubt I'll be spending more time than ever here trying to get my head around things again, including 'new' things, as I missed several of the new AQA modules that year 11 had last year!

I'm currently back to full time, but as I type a job description/advert should be getting drafted to go 'live' next week looking for someone to job share with and take 2 days from me so I can spend more time with my daughter and save some pennies on childcare (£50.20 per day! o_O)

I'm hoping to go to the STEM conference in York next year. I went in 2017 and really enjoyed it, I was a bit gutted to be missing it in 2018 to be honest!

Bernadette likes this.
  2. Might not be a STEM technician's conference next year. Simon's been made redundant, apparently. Checked your gauzes yet?

3. Ah no! That would be such a shame!!

Our gauzes predate anyone who has a clue where they might have been ordered from so not worth trying to chase certificates etc. Replacing them all!

4. Hey @Leanne Congratulations on your little lady! Hope you both are well!

We are in similar boats! (Baby Boy in October - return to full time work in July) You'll be back into the swing of things in no time. You're just right to spend more time at home and save your pennies. The cost of childcare near gave me a heart attack :eek::confused:

Leanne likes this.
  5. Dod

Dod

Our only and favourite grandchild has a live-in nanny, much lees expensive than renting your child to minders.

Leanne and Helen J like this.