TV Series Chernobly

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Shannon, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Shannon

Shannon Shannon COMMITTEE

Was off with anxiety last week so watched the last one. Lets hope it does not happen again

2. Julie Delaney

Julie Delaney COMMITTEE

don't tell me!!! still not watched the last one. :eek::eek::eek::eek: you okay now honey?? is it work stress? x x

3. Shannon

Hello,

No no this time, just something personal but all sorted :) And back to my happy self who is also eating too!

4. Finished it last night, certainly fascinating and worth a watch but the "best rated television program ever (on IMDB)", not really....

Shannon likes this.
  5. Kat

Kat

I started watching it yesterday, saw the first two episodes! Will probably continue tonight, I'm quite hooked!

Shannon likes this.
  6. Watched the first 4 episode, it's really good! But it's so dark! First episode I could hardly see anything.

Shannon likes this.
  7. Julie Delaney

Julie Delaney COMMITTEE

Yeah, it's very atmospheric. I am glued to the telly each time I watch an episode. final one for me tonight. Gin may be involved. :eek::D

Shannon likes this.
  8. Shannon

We started when it was really sunny so we had to shut the certains to make it look more dark, I really enjoyed it but I have always been into stuff like that

9. Shannon

Apparently if you go near the site now, the readings are 'safe' because of the cover but not sure its for me. My Partner wants to go but yeah not my thing haha

10. There was an interesting (?panorama) programme about how they built the cover and slid it on rails into place.. if you're into that kind of thing!

Shannon likes this.
  11. Shannon likes this.
  12. Julie Delaney

Julie Delaney COMMITTEE

that sounds interesting, is it still available to watch? This series has really peaked my interest, my man didn't watch it and now has a severe case of FOMO, so I have offered to watch it again with him. I'm such a push over! :p:)

Shannon likes this.
  13. Julie Delaney

Julie Delaney COMMITTEE

14. Carol Taylor

Carol Taylor Footsore

Husband works in nuclear decommissioning, our sites are no safer than Chernobyl say his colleagues.

15. Watched the series over the weekend. Really enjoyed it though I totally had nightmares about geiger counters.

Leak testing can wait till next week!

16. Julie Delaney

Julie Delaney COMMITTEE

Oh god, it does make you think.... particularly with the huge increases in the rates of cancer over these last years.

Jade likes this.
  17. One of our teachers was keen to show the series to her Yr12s, until she noticed it was rated 18.
    " B***** H*** " I said "We lived through it without even a PG" At which she looked at me and I realised I'm an old fart and she is somewhat younger...