Training for a new technician

Hi all,
We have appointed a new inexperienced physics technician to replace a member of staff who recently retired with 30 years experience. I am keen to get them trained up so that they feel confident and safe working with us. However, I cannot find any course happening soon online. I was wondering if anyone might recommend a course (online I guess is the only way at the moment) that might be suitable. The school are willing to pay from the CPD budget but after a few hours fruitless searching I thought I would consult the experts here. Any tips or advice would be great.
Thank you
Dan

Hi all,
We have appointed a new inexperienced physics technician to replace a member of staff who recently retired with 30 years experience. I am keen to get them trained up so that they feel confident and safe working with us. However, I cannot find any course happening soon online. I was wondering if anyone might recommend a course (online I guess is the only way at the moment) that might be suitable. The school are willing to pay from the CPD budget but after a few hours fruitless searching I thought I would consult the experts here. Any tips or advice would be great.
Thank you
Dan
look on the iop, the teachers ones are good for getting ideas.

there is one today

A Day for Everyone Teaching Physics - ONLINE
Thu 02/07/2020 10:30 - 15:00