TLC Chromatography

Hi

Looks like this is coming back on our Btech Applied Science curriculum, looking for suggestions for suitable lidded bottles to run this in, the one used previously are a little on the small side and a B.Tube too long!

Thanks All

Hi

Looks like this is coming back on our Btech Applied Science curriculum, looking for suggestions for suitable lidded bottles to run this in, the one used previously are a little on the small side and a B.Tube too long!

Thanks All
I use universals and cut the tlc to fit.

Hi

Thanks All
I thought that it was always on the curriculumn Beaker. I use a 100 mL Beaker in which I add the Mobile phase (to a depth of say 5 mm) I then add the spotted TLC plate then place a 250 mL beaker (inverted) on this (all done inthe Fume Hood). Voila.:)

I use empty relish jars that take a TLC plate. Just remember to add a layer of clingfilm before screwing on the lid
Yeah that would work. Though really the larger the TLC plate the better the resolution. In Industry I used 12 inch SDS Acrylamide plates for protein electrolysis while the sequencing guys used 4 foot high Agarose plates (would have to be seen to be believed).