'The science team' conference

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by clairelucas, Apr 18, 2018.

1. I've been emailed the 2018 technicians conference information via CLEAPSS. Does anyone know who/what are 'the science team' are, and is it worth going? Seems much cheaper than the one in York, but is it therefore not as useful?

2. When / where is this one? I've seen that there is one running in London by ASE. That was tempting as its closer to me than York, but still a fair distance.

3. Birmingham- but I don't know who they are to validate it... not sure if CLEAPSS email is in itself validation.. upload_2018-4-18_14-7-44.png

4. IT MAY BE CHEAPER CLAIRE BUT IT WILL NOBE AS FAB AS THE YORK CONFERENCE. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE.:D:D

clairelucas likes this.
  5. Looks like a £45 opportunity to be subjected to sales reps en masse.

6. That's what I figured... but being sent by CLEAPSS threw me.

7. I got the same email and clicked on the link to find out who the science team were, their website has this explanation:

Welcome to The Science Team @ Edge 21
    ——————————
    The name Edge21 reflects our efforts / attempt to move forward in providing educational the
    Evolution from the Birmingham local authority Support for School.

8. I'm still not sure where it's going......:oops:

9. The one in York is "free". There is a bursary to cover 90-odd % of costs. It also offers excellent opportunities to get some hand-on experience in areas you may be new to or have lost touch with. This one looks a bit woolly, from the limited information available. Not that I don't appreciate the effort.

10. I have been to this one in Birmingham for the last few years. It is well run and has useful workshops and great for networking with other technicians.

clairelucas likes this.