Stuff

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Exchange' started by mike wilson, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Sorry; confusion reigns. That last message was for someone else. Sending my mobile over by PM now. You can text me (will be driving a bit and unlikely to pick up a call) with a go (and for which bits) up to about 3pm. Probably too late after that but you could try.

2. Updated list attached. Don't forget that there are huge amounts of other stuff available - e.g. electrostatics and electric motor kits. Also, just because something is sold from the list, it doesn't mean that we don't have some more......

I am off now until the beginning of September but will be accessing my email occasionally (in the attachment) so I can respond infrequently.

Attached Files:

3. Could you let me have details of the teltron tubes please?

I was selling some recently for another school and had some disappointed by being too late. I may be able to redirect them to you

Nick

nmitchener@highcliffeschool.com

4. Have deflection, diffraction and maltese cross tubes available. We had a huge range at one time but they have mostly, sadly, gone. I would prefer collection/delivery in person with these, as they are so fragile. Will be in Cambridge/Harwich on 12th August. Stands and coils available as well.

5. was looking for another perrin but will pass that on. Can probably arrange a collection if needed.

6. OK, thanks. Will have a look for a Perrin. Contact will be sporadic as I wend my way across Europe on holiday but I will be back in the hot seat by the beginning of September.

7. Hi Mike

I've just private message you

8. Responded.

9. Hi Mike,
    Is it too late to enquire after equipment?
    If not i would be interested in the linear air track and blower - if still available, could you please send me some details and photos?
    May also be interested in other physics equipment if available.
    Cheers
    Lisa

10. There is still _loads_ of stuff available. I have already sold one of the air tracks - will check if the others are functional and get back to you. It's this sort of air track (not black, plain aluminium) and the blower. No accessories at the moment.

11. I've just sent the list to the powers that be, will let you know if there is any interest.. (They'd be daft not to..)

12. Don't assume that the list is all-inclusive. Ask about anything.

13. Cheers! will have a chat with our HoD but the physics teachers are very keen to buy this and one of them has said she is happy to collect it - she lives in whitby so not too far.
    also have you got any rheostats/powerpacks/force meters you want to dispose of?

14. No rheostats - I need some myself. Plenty of power pack left. Not just the Urwin ones but also some electronics, stabilised 5V stuff. Not sure about force meters. Will have to ask.

15. Hi Mike -
    Sorry to be a pain but which model are your power packs?
    Also have you got details of the oven you are selling?
    and is the price for this air track the same as on your original list?
    thank you

16. My boss has given me a wishlist, do you have any of the following?
    Travelling microscope;
    Sodium lamp;
    discharge tube holder;
    HT power supplies.

He was also asking how the knobs on the Sig Gens are? Any crackling?

18. Interspersing doesn't work so:
    Yes.
    Possibly.
    Which sort of discharge tube? The old GM screw-in ones, probably. Others, no.
    Yes.
    Don't think so.

19. Hi Mike,
    Sounds good, the boss thinks it's worth a trip, shall we carry this on by email?
    I'll PM you my email address.