SCIENCE LAB TECHNICIAN (JUNIOR SCIENCE) PT KT2 5PL - CLOSES 4 June 2019

Discussion in 'Science Technician Vacancies' started by prepAdmin, May 14, 2019.

1. prepAdmin

prepAdmin Administrator Staff Member Site Admin COMMITTEE

SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (JUNIOR SCIENCE) PART-TIME, 25 HOURS PER WEEK (MONDAY TO FRIDAY) TERM TIME ONLY £12,998 PA TO £13,958 DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
    (ACTUAL ANNUAL SALARY) REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2019 START

Richmond Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT2 5PL

The school requires a well-qualified, enthusiastic laboratory technician to join a team of three technicians supporting the science departments.
    You will be primarily supporting Years 7, 8 and 9 Biology and Chemistry lessons.
    The technician will need to be proactive in delivering practicals while keeping on top of general ‘housekeeping’, washing up and clearing glassware and other equipment to ensure classrooms and laboratories are always ready for teaching.
    The successful candidate will be well organised and demonstrate excellent attention to detail. Experience in laboratory preparation work would be helpful, while good organisation and communication skills are essential.

For further details and a downloadable application form please see our web site www.tiffingirls.org or contact the school office. Only candidates who have completed the application form will be considered.

CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 4 June 2019 Please return the application form to recruitment@tiffingirls.org
    The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
    The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.​

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. karen b

karen b COMMITTEE

Whereabouts is this school? I am potentially looking to relocate but don't know the names of local schools

3. prepAdmin

I've amended the post above. It's in Richmond Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT2 5PL

karen b likes this.
  4. I like the typesetting placement of the word ONLY.
    Very appropriate hahahaha...

5. Sets the tone of the schools thoughts about techs

6. it's between Richmond and Kingston near Ham. It is a girls grammar school.

7. karen b

karen b COMMITTEE

I would like it to be a standard thing that people put where the school is in these adverts. For my school its fairly self explanatory as the town name is in the school name, but that is often not the case. I am trying to look at moving to Cumbria as other half commutes there weekly

8. nowhere near Cumbria, it's in just on the edge of Zone 6 in outer London.

Kingston upon Thames is a London Borough, it's not actually in Surrey anymore.

9. paul r

paul r COMMITTEE

Well that rules out any Techs living north of Bedford unless they have a rich partner ! We cannot now even think about moving to this area due to the cost of renting /house prices . My wife who is a Maths teacher really wanted to move to London but we looked into it and could not afford to do it.

10. karen b

karen b COMMITTEE

I get that this specific school is nowhere near Cumbria. I'm just saying that advertising a vacancy in x school without saying where the school is (and it is often not obvious on their website) is just slightly frustrating to me personally. I am not trying to get at anyone for not doing this, I just think it would be useful if people did

11. prepAdmin

We do ask all members posting adverts to include the closing date and location: http://community.preproom.org/index.php?threads/post-your-school-technician-vacancies-here.1490/
    Like all of our rules and T&C, policies etc though - no-one ever reads them! :rolleyes:

Anyway, in this particular post the County and postcode are in the title... because I posted it on behalf of their school!

12. it is still in KINGSTON UPON THAMES in Greater London and not Surrey (since 1963).

13. prepAdmin

OK - they sent me those details. I'll amend.