Periodic table card games?

Afternoon all,

So I was watching a series on BBC iplayer and I saw a scene where Mendeleev was organising the elements in which he made a card for each one.

Just curious if there are any games out there to simulate this, so that the students can organise the periodic table of elements themselves?

Many thanks :)

I know teachers usually do lessons focussing on one group of the elements, but has anyone found a way so that students can have a selection of elements that they can test and group together themselves (or anything safe and similar)?
:)

You can find quite a lot on the TES Resources website - some, like this one, are free, others are paid for resources. Haven't used this one, so don't know how good it is, but as it is a free download, you could have a look to see if it is any use for what you want.

karen b

COMMITTEE
During a sort out I came across periodic table bingo cards. I don’t know if they were home made or bought in

Afternoon all,

So I was watching a series on BBC iplayer and I saw a scene where Mendeleev was organising the elements in which he made a card for each one.

Just curious if there are any games out there to simulate this, so that the students can organise the periodic table of elements themselves?

Many thanks :)
Not a card game as such. But one of my teachers has laminated periodic tables and the students play periodic battle ships with each other. Don't ask me how it works exactly.

You can find quite a lot on the TES Resources website - some, like this one, are free, others are paid for resources. Haven't used this one, so don't know how good it is, but as it is a free download, you could have a look to see if it is any use for what you want.
Not a card game as such but an activity where students have to identify a metal in the Periodic Table from the amount of Gas evolved when acid is added.