Paying Attention?

Discussion in 'Science Technicians - General Discussion' started by Joanne Walsh, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Must have looked at this box countless times over the last 3/4 years(??)... And then, suddenly... IMG_20190208_132525[3419].jpg

StElsona, Dave T and JoulesTC like this.
  2. Hahahaha - I looked twice...

StElsona and Joanne Walsh like this.
  3. Me too

4. Techitude

Techitude COMMITTEE

I once accidentally labelled a tray 'Global wamring' and no-one noticed for ages. When we eventually realised we decided it was too amusing to change and the practical ended up getting referred to by its misspelled name :D

5. PhysicsSimon

PhysicsSimon COMMITTEE

Any advance on thrice?

Right number of letters? - check
    First & last letters correct? - check

However someone has written capilary tube on a box in our main store & each time I go in my eyes are dragged to it in pain (bit like a toothache)

6. I inherited a tray labelled guazes, I was quite sad to dispose of it when all the asbestos stuff happened.

7. TechZoe

TechZoe the boss technician lady

We've got a tray of mutlimeters, which makes me giggle every time I read it :)

8. I've got one that says "Pestles & Mestles, Mortars & Porters", and another "Pooters or Putas" :eek: - for some reason they make me smile every time I see them.....! :D

9. I've mistakenly written 'universal indictator' on some labels when I was having one of 'those days'. Luckily I realised before I'd applied them. I fear my UVI would have got ideas above it's station otherwise!

Ophelia, tree hugger and Dave T like this.
  10. Our network's subject folders has one called lanaguages.. :D

11. Labelled a drawer "crockadile clips" when suffering a bad hangover. Suppose its the way its pronounced up here!

12. Not a typo or label as such but I was amused when a teacher requested the reproduction box to show in one of her lessons when she meant the contraceptives box.

StElsona likes this.
  13. One of our teachers had a box of googles instead of goggles.

Mike_N likes this.
  14. I've done that more than once! :oops:

15. I use a spell checker before I label anything unless its by hand and then they just have to pray I am having a good day

stelden likes this.
  16. Our Hoffman voltameter is labelled H. Voltmetre. not by me I hasten to add.

17. Dod

Dod

Joanne Walsh

Your school must have made a massive medical breakthrough, growing new appendages :D

Joanne Walsh likes this.
  18. My college misquoted the Anti bumping granules as Anti Grumping Bumules , kept the label on the noticeboard to remind us.
    also one Physics teacher who was notoriously bad with his hand written requests, we interpreted the Slinky Spring as the Slinky Sprux , I still refer to it as that after 15 years :)

19. Ever since Dennis Norden said it, I've never been able to refer to them as other than hypodeemic nerdles.

Tony Worthy and Ann Chinnery like this.
  20. So do all the kids call it Hydrolic acid or is it just here?