Oscilloscope, Dual trace, 100-200mhz

Discussion in 'Supporting Physics' started by Jburns, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Hey guys,

Physics wants one of these but cannot settle on the one they want as the one they picked is now out of production. Can I have your suggestions please?

2. Dod

Dod

The one with the least knobs to fiddle with as when they are adjusted by the kiddies or the teacher the cry goes out "ITS NOT WORKING"

3. Na the one teacher that would be using it knows how to use one. Don't think anyone else in the school does :D

4. Tee

Tee

5. Dod

Dod

Pre plan for when the teacher leaves and not go back to square one

6. Well if she keeps up the way she is going it will probably be the end of the year!

Have you used those pictoscopes before they look good!

7. Tee

Tee

I can highly recommend the 'picoscope' some at the fraction of a price of CRO

8. I shall see what physics say

9. PhysicsSimon

PhysicsSimon COMMITTEE

Quick shout out for a (unfortunately expensive) storage scope......if you can get one they are SO fine & can do all manner of things that you don't (yet) know you want to......but will as soon as you get one 'cos you have to justify the expense.....err (re-reads above)....I'll get me coat

10. How much do they cost and can you send me a link to a nice one please? I don't mind the price, they are going to try and roll over their current budget for one till next year.

11. PhysicsSimon

PhysicsSimon COMMITTEE

My favourite is here - alas as you can see it seems to be discontinued.....however on Rapid there are other, digital only, storage oscilloscopes (example here) that look like they'll do the same job.......after a bad experience in the past (before I came here) - this place is pretty anti digital scopes, all ours have analogue displays

12. we have a Owon one that has never been used.