Material testing sets

Techitude

COMMITTEE
I saw this idea at a local tech meet up and thought it was great so adapted it and made our own.

I'm sure it's nothing new but inspired me so might inspire someone else.

For material testing such as electrical conductivity and magnetism you glue the samples to a sheet (instead of loose in a petri dish like we used to do). It makes it easier for the students, and the teachers are reporting it is far more time efficient in the lesson too, they like it!

(sorry I cant get it to upload the image in the post itself so it's via this link)
https://ibb.co/Fz2J6dL

I saw this idea at a local tech meet up and thought it was great so adapted it and made our own.

For material testing such as electrical conductivity and magnetism you glue the samples to a sheet (instead of loose in a petri dish like we used to do). It makes it easier for the students, and the teachers are reporting it is far more time efficient in the lesson too, they like it!

(sorry I cant get it to upload the image in the post itself so it's via this link)
I like it! Will ask Physics bods if they agree. So much more simple.
Only thing with us is for some reason, in the new KS3 syllabus they have to dunk samples in water...(?!) :(
But will try anyway.

Your nickel looks like lead.

I can't open the link. :(

I like it! Will ask Physics bods if they agree. So much more simple.
Only thing with us is for some reason, in the new KS3 syllabus they have to dunk samples in water...(?!) :(
But will try anyway.
Ours require the water aspect now too! But this is such an efficient idea for the magnetic/electrical side - even if we have to make a seperate tray for temperature conductivity!

Try clearing your cookies/cache
If that doesn't work try looking at the specific site permissions by clicking on the site image icon (left of the address bar)
Click the more info prompt and go into permissions then make sure that images are allowed (might have to do it for the image host as well as preproom)

Failing that it's likely your anti-virus and you'll probably need ICT techs permissions to tinker around in there

Techitude

COMMITTEE
Ours require the water aspect now too! But this is such an efficient idea for the magnetic/electrical side - even if we have to make a seperate tray for temperature conductivity!
I made this about 7 years ago and entered it into national technician competition (and won), we used it like this at my previous two school for the heat conductivity. Requires time to set them up initially but can be reused again and again. Any good for your heat conductivity?

Attachments

I made this about 7 years ago and entered it into national technician competition (and won), we used it like this at my previous two school for the heat conductivity. Requires time to set them up initially but can be reused again and again. Any good for your heat conductivity?
This is amazing!! Definitely going to get this running over the half term coming up, thanks Techitude!