Items for dissection

Both from a butcher and now an abattoir. We used to get them from a butcher with his own abattoir on site but when he closed another local butchers would supply us, but needed a bit more notice. I am sure both of these gave us decent usable samples

Now we have invested in a large freezer and go to an abattoir and bulk buy samples once or twice a year.
We don't have space for a big freezer, if we ever have the site rebuild that keeps coming up and getting discarded again I'll ask for a chest. :)

karen b

COMMITTEE
We don't have space for a big freezer, if we ever have the site rebuild that keeps coming up and getting discarded again I'll ask for a chest. :)
We previously had a small chest freezer but, when it died last year, we replaced it with a tall (approx. 6 foot) freezer with drawers. It's easier to sort out the contents as you can label each drawer

We previously had a small chest freezer but, when it died last year, we replaced it with a tall (approx. 6 foot) freezer with drawers. It's easier to sort out the contents as you can label each drawer
I have similar, and a fridge the same size next to it.

C

Cameron / SfS

It is interesting to read the comment here, as a supplier of these items, we do like to look at all the feedback.

As we harvest the items specifically for dissection and ensure they are unslashed/not damaged. I appreciate establishments have different budgets. A suggestion for open evenings etc is possibly use the Lamb Tops, as you can remove the Heart and have 2 sets of Lungs for demonstration and also 2 Hearts to use seperately.

www.samples-for-schools.co.uk