hi fellow techs

Discussion in 'New Members - Say Hello!' started by biolofi, May 14, 2019.

1. Although I have worked in the science industry for 20 years EKKK, I have completely changed direction, and gone from a well paid responsible position in a pharmaceutical company to biology tech. Despite the huge decrease in salary, I love the change, less pressure and fun and probably treated with more respect as a tech (ironic). Don't really have a clue what I am doing so hopefully you can help me out. I may need to call in the FBI to decode the prior techs notes..........

stelden and Andrew Goloskof like this.
  2. Very helpful forum welcome

biolofi likes this.
  3. Welcome, we are a friendly bunch here!

4. Welcome, but you seem to be mistaken, no one where has a clue either :D

KeithD and biolofi like this.
  5. Welcome

biolofi likes this.
  6. Welcome biolofi, I trod a similar path as I worked in the Chemistry dept of various metals industries for 33yrs. I applied for this Snr Tech job after the company I worked for closed down. Anyway to cut a long story short, I took the job on and for me it was just a stop-gap until I found a "proper job" but here I am, still here after 15 yrs! It's been mostly enjoyable, but initially, the thing that bugged me the most was the school bells !!!!*** which can drive you mad! (or maybe they already have??) Good Luck !!

biolofi likes this.
  7. haha yes the school bells will take getting used to. I keep ignoring kids when they call me miss until i realize they are talking to me.

8. At least you have bells, I have been here 6 months and still cant get used to not having a bell go off every 40/50/60 mins

9. We are blessed here with no bells as well... :)

Welcome biolofi.

10. we have a clocktower

11. they stopped ours now i'm lost...