Free to a good home

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Exchange' started by Greyhound Maz, Aug 29, 2019.

1. In June, I left my job at a grammar school and started as a chemistry tech at the University of Kent at Canterbury. Since then, I've been helping to sort out their store room in preparation for the students returning in a couple of weeks. We came across 4 boxes of bunsens that are surplus to our requirements (photo attached). They're the old type which, in my opinion, are far superior to the ones you can buy new today. Rather than chuck them, I suggested seeing if anyone on here would like some. They all seem in pretty good nick. Unfortunately I fear the cost of postage would be prohibitive but if you're local to Canterbury, you would be more than welcome to come and pick up as many as you want. I reckon there must be at least 100 of them. Send me a message if you're interested and we can sort it out. Thanks. :)

Attached Files:

GeorgetheScienceTech likes this.
  2. I think that JHRoss @JHRoss may find your offer interesting Maz. By the way good luck with your new role.:);)

3. @GeorgetheScienceTech thank you for thinking of me

@Greyhound Maz Unfortunately my school is located in south London, so I am far away

GeorgetheScienceTech likes this.
  4. You're most welcome JHRoss.:D

5. Techitude

Techitude COMMITTEE

I'm not local but wanted to say that we had a load of this type of bunsen and we painted them all with black hammerite paint. They looks really smart now and are back out in the labs being used. Just an idea for anyone who has them. And I agree they are better quality than the new ones.

6. I will check with my HoD but I am thinking we might be able to take them off your hands.

When do you need them gone by?