Free Technician training

Discussion in 'Science Technicians - General Discussion' started by mike wilson, Feb 8, 2019.

1. When: 21st Feb - 09:00 to 17:00 (at latest)

Where: Washington Centre, Sunderland College, Stone Cellar Road, Usworth NE37 2NH

What: Chance to try any or all of FTIR, HPLC, NMR, PCR, miniGC. Anything else?

And: Free lunch, North East Lab Supplies rep with freebies, meet George the Science Technician and try to steal his badge.

Book via: Skeoch.R@biddickacademy.com as soon as possible, please.

Any other enquiries, post in this thread or PM me.

karen b likes this.
  2. Embarrassingly I misread the academy name :oops:

3. That just made my day

4. Now why would a fictions mass murder have an academy named after him?

5. I don't think she read Riddick.

If it's any consolation Karen, that's the local name for it. One has to be very careful indeed when one is talking about it.

karen b likes this.
  6. Can we interest you Jade @Jade, Richard @Richard Longfield It will be a good opportunity to meet you all. Luke @Luke H it will be a good opportunity for you to revisit Beamish before that annual ticket runs out. Ophelia @Ophelia, you're some distance away but this is an excellent opportunity to visit God's Country.:D:D

Jburns and Ophelia like this.
  7. PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. and where's my personal invite George?? Gutted. :(:confused:

GeorgetheScienceTech likes this.
  9. I would but its the one day i'm off during half term! So as you can imagine I have everything possible booked into that day. Maybe next year if you run it again.

10. I'd love to be there but I'll be testing the "water" in Dublin.....:)

GeorgetheScienceTech likes this.
  11. I twould have but
    Does this water begin with W or G Paul?:D:D:D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  12. It begins with breakfast then G

13. Hahahahaha very true

14. Thanks George, it’s probably a bit too far to come for one day but I appreciate the invite!

15. Not fair, he invites you but not me and I have further to go :(

Ophelia and GeorgetheScienceTech like this.
  16. You would have been very welcome Jburns. However I couldn't possibly invite Julie @Julie Delaney as I have to consider the security of my TECHOGNITION Trophy and Badges knowing how much she wants them.:D:D Just kidding Julie!;)

lizfalk likes this.
  17. He knows that I need the training! :D

18. JB is officially invited. As is everyone else here, before the whinging starts.

19. Either that or a stiff drink :D

Yepy, you organise it I will be there :D

Ophelia likes this.
  20. Or both! :D