Fourier Transform- Infra Red Spectroscopy

Discussion in 'Supporting Chemistry' started by GeorgetheScienceTech, Feb 7, 2017.

1. ADRENALIN.png These spectra may be of use to students for interpretation purposes.
    The other is L-Adrenaline
    ir ethyl acetate.png

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    A Walter and ChrisN like this.
  2. Sange2

Sange2 Guest

Where's that from please?

GeorgetheScienceTech likes this.
  3. Ethyl Ethanoate.:)

4. 007

007 COMMITTEE

Thanks, George, I can't believe you gave the answer away so easily.......................:D

5. I had to 007 otherwise many (with the exception of yourself) would never have deduced the identity.:);)

6. Here's one that the A2 Group did last week (Isoamyl Acetate). I could annotate it but this would spoil it for your students.:D

060445.png

007 likes this.
  7. As promised here are the traces for Butylamine and trimethylamine. Note the differences for the Primary and Tertiary (aliphatic) Amine.

n-butylamine.PNG triethylamine.PNG

8. Myself:);)

9. Just finished analysing the distillate our First Year BTEC did yesterday when they tried to obtain Limonene from Orange Peel. The sample , with a score of 0.93 (ou of 1.00) was the top match in the Instrument's Library.

2-10 large2.PNG

10. Just analysed the samples our Year 1 BTEC Applied Science students produced when attempting the synthesis of Ethyl Ethanoate. The results were excellent.:)
    060411-pic.PNG 060411-hit.PNG

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  11. Now show the bad one....

12. 007

007 COMMITTEE

Some excellent results George

13. True 007. But I haven't shown you the two where the Sulfuric acid and/or the Ethanol weren't added.:D:D:D

chris vaudin likes this.