Electric bicycles

I bought a new bike.

Bought on the ride to work scheme, although I won't be using it for that directly. More for swift shopping trips in the locale and travels between centres to those that do not have parking.. Folding to save space and has really scary hydraulic disc brakes.

Anyone else?

I've rode ebikes from several brands and think they are great! Was even lucky enough to visit a bike manufacturer last year and try out one of their new full suspension mountain bikes up the mountain next to the factory. I generally ride to work on a normal bike anyhow, but can certainly see why people who are less confident, worried about cycling to greater a distance etc.

Some of the teachers here have talked to me about try them out as they'd like to cycle in, but they feel they live a little to far or they're too slow to ride a normal bike in.

I'm hoping that more people will take up cycling and bin their cars off due to the current situation.

I've rode ebikes from several brands and think they are great! Was even lucky enough to visit a bike manufacturer last year and try out one of their new full suspension mountain bikes up the mountain next to the factory. I generally ride to work on a normal bike anyhow, but can certainly see why people who are less confident, worried about cycling to greater a distance etc.

Some of the teachers here have talked to me about try them out as they'd like to cycle in, but they feel they live a little to far or they're too slow to ride a normal bike in.

I'm hoping that more people will take up cycling and bin their cars off due to the current situation.
Zero people drive here we are in the congestion charge zone and there is no parking at school so they would be on a meter.

karen b

COMMITTEE
My dad bought one last year. He was finding it increasingly difficult to walk any distance but found he could cycle to the supermarket.

I think there are two different types? Like, one is an electric bike and the other is electrically assisted.

My dad bought one last year. He was finding it increasingly difficult to walk any distance but found he could cycle to the supermarket.

I think there are two different types? Like, one is an electric bike and the other is electrically assisted.
they are all electrically assisted (have to pedal) unless you hack them unless there are mobility exemptions.

It's a Tern Vektron. Pure electric bikes are verboten here. Or, rather, they need to be registered, licenced and insured. I assume that also means the riders will be required to wear motorcycle type crash helmets and be at the mercy of all the other bureaucracy that covers other motor vehicles.

It's a Tern Vektron. Pure electric bikes are verboten here. Or, rather, they need to be registered, licenced and insured. I assume that also means the riders will be required to wear motorcycle type crash helmets and be at the mercy of all the other bureaucracy that covers other motor vehicles.
I would keep an eye on the welds near the fold bracket, been a few terns snapping over the years due to shoddy welds..