Dissociation of oxygen/bohr shift

Morning all,

A teacher is requesting the above practical (or something related around it) for year 12's.

All I have been given is the above information and I am trying to get my head tech to use his authority and tell the other teachers to be more clear on what they want (as opposed to a 'trainee' tech not that I am afraid to do so).

I thought I would ask has anyone done something with this before?

Many thanks :)

The problem here is that as a general rule, techs don't have time to go chasing teachers to ask what they really want. Here they either write a list of what they want or put a reference to a particular practical eg biology PAG 1.2 or Kerboodle Activate 1.2.2 - I then have the files for all of the schemes of work which I can then just look up and see what's required. If I were you I would by-pass the head tech as he/she just seems to be obstructive. Go to the teachers yourself if needed. Do you have access to the schemes of work? That's the easiest route. Even with years of experience if I was given a vague description as you have here I would just send it back and ask for details. I have to do KS3-5 for all subjects so it's impossible to hold everything in my head. Sometimes we all need pointing in the right direction.

The problem here is that as a general rule, techs don't have time to go chasing teachers to ask what they really want. Here they either write a list of what they want or put a reference to a particular practical eg biology PAG 1.2 or Kerboodle Activate 1.2.2 - I then have the files for all of the schemes of work which I can then just look up and see what's required. If I were you I would by-pass the head tech as he/she just seems to be obstructive. Go to the teachers yourself if needed. Do you have access to the schemes of work? That's the easiest route. Even with years of experience if I was given a vague description as you have here I would just send it back and ask for details. I have to do KS3-5 for all subjects so it's impossible to hold everything in my head. Sometimes we all need pointing in the right direction.
Totally agree with Smiff....just go straight to the teacher and say politely, 'what set up would you like, you didn't specify'....they all have a different way of working so its best to liaise with the source and get them what they want, and in the right quantities....although, doesn't your head tech know what is required? And if they don't, why should they accept that instruction given to you....