Corona Corona...

Donated all our boxes of gloves , goggles and fifty plus safety glasses to the local NHS hospital , Monday :):)

karen b

COMMITTEE
I am relatively busy, but I need to find work for my tech, currently has a cleapss reading list.

The teachers are spending far more time with online lessons than at school.
We haven't been in school since March 20th. On the Monday 23rd I did a few hours emptying fridges, clearing surfaces, etc. Then a colleague came in and moved all the plants to one location, cleared biological stuff. Now the whole school is being closed down as much as possible. That happened more quickly than we expected as we had offered to come in and photograph experimental set-ups etc.

All teaching moved online immediately. The teaching of the key worker children has moved to the nearby prep school (we are all part of the same school foundation), but they are just being supervised and doing the same online work as everyone else. I don't think after the first day or two any of the teachers were in school. They have been expected to set work remotely and be available to their classes at normal lesson times. Maybe we did this because we only had one week before term ended. This would now be Easter holidays for us. I don't know when other schools break up.

I know that teachers have being planning ways to teach the next sections remotely. A friend posted pictures of his home classroom, with a whiteboard mounted on the wall ready to film small sections of explanations. The year 7 teachers have agreed not to teach the next topic of Reproduction as this would be tricky to do remotely, and runs the risk of misunderstanding. Much easier to do at the start of next year when we hope to be back in school

Now we are goggle-less.
Has anyone else donated all their goggles, specs and gloves to the local hospital?
Yes, all our school PPE has been sent :)

I'm working from home as far I'm able, tidying up Lablogger and adding useful stuff. As far as I'm aware only SLT are on roter, and perhaps the caretaker - there is only one student so far. The science block has been locked up, HOD went in and retrieved the plants, checked the stuff I asked her to do and is currently helping those kids at home remotely.

Last edited:
We haven't been in school since March 20th. On the Monday 23rd I did a few hours emptying fridges, clearing surfaces, etc. Then a colleague came in and moved all the plants to one location, cleared biological stuff. Now the whole school is being closed down as much as possible. That happened more quickly than we expected as we had offered to come in and photograph experimental set-ups etc.

All teaching moved online immediately. The teaching of the key worker children has moved to the nearby prep school (we are all part of the same school foundation), but they are just being supervised and doing the same online work as everyone else. I don't think after the first day or two any of the teachers were in school. They have been expected to set work remotely and be available to their classes at normal lesson times. Maybe we did this because we only had one week before term ended. This would now be Easter holidays for us. I don't know when other schools break up.

I know that teachers have being planning ways to teach the next sections remotely. A friend posted pictures of his home classroom, with a whiteboard mounted on the wall ready to film small sections of explanations. The year 7 teachers have agreed not to teach the next topic of Reproduction as this would be tricky to do remotely, and runs the risk of misunderstanding. Much easier to do at the start of next year when we hope to be back in school
We break up today, this should have been a P1, Church.Pub day

Yes, all our school PPE has been sent :)

I'm working from home as far I'm able, tidying up Lablogger and adding useful stuff. As far as I'm aware only SLT are on roter, and perhaps the caretaker - there is only one student so far. The science block has been locked up, HOD went in and retrieved the plants, checked the stuff I asked her to do and is currently helping those kids at home remotely.
I need to pop In for plants, just remembered.

I need to pop In for plants, just remembered.
I have a watering timer in the greenhouse and a cheap irrigation kit from amazon with sprayers. Was going to order a load of variegated geraniums to pot up but not now school is closed.

Have been into school twice since closing the department down - once to donate 50 pairs safety specs to local primary care centre and again today to donate all but 4 dozen pairs to local Walk in centre. Oh - plus take home the remaining fish.

Stay safe everyone.

Leigh.....

Hello all. Sorry took so long to reply been very very busy!
When heard of this little hiccup took the precaution of transferring a lot of stuff onto drives I could access from home and asked our CPD co Ordinator about on line courses for science technicians.
Been in weekly contact with science team via video link. In fact got ahead of myself on the admin at one point.
Maybe I'm an old fashioned guy but I got myself ready and well prepared like i was taught years ago. To quote some adverts from the past "I didn't make a drama out of a crisis" "In a crisis you don't get caught with your pants down" and "Its a dog eat dog world out there and you wont find me in a tin of pedigree chum"
At least its preparing me for retirement in 10 years!

I remote into my preproom PC, so it's like being in in the summer... (without the fun of PAT)

got the webcam open to look around, very dark currently, can't see a thing.

Julie Delaney

COMMITTEE
Complete storm in a teacup! Probably snow before they shut any schools!
Anyway look on the positive side. Good time to invest in shares, cheap fuel, cheap flights and holidays save money at the supermarket as all shelves are empty.
Think i remember something like this in 1987, think it was called AIDS that we were all going to die of!
A storm in tea cup @Blackadder ??

UK Biobank is starting a long term testing programme (one sample a month for six months at least) to track progress. Anyone else in on it?

Anyway look on the positive side. Good time to invest in shares, cheap fuel, cheap flights and holidays save money at the supermarket as all shelves are empty.
Think i remember something like this in 1987, think it was called AIDS that we were all going to die of!
Definitely not in a tea cup!

I am afraid this is definitely not a storm in a teacup and we have a long way to go.