CLOSED - Science Technician needed in sunny Spain!

Discussion in 'Science Technician Vacancies' started by HR NEWTON, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Laude Newton College (Elche - Alicante - Spain)

From February 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter), we are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Science Technician to support the Science Department in their delivery of the Science curriculum from Yr7 to Yr13. The Science Department consists of six members of staff and the Science Technician will work alongside the Heads of Science on a day-to-day basis to provide support to the team.

We are looking for someone who has:

• A strong work ethic and a passion for Science.
    • The ability to conduct tasks quickly with a keen eye for detail.
    • Experience of setting up equipment in a laboratory environment for practical lessons.
    • An excellent record of attendance and punctuality.

NB: Previous experience of working in a school laboratory would be advantageous but not essential.

Your responsibilities will involve:

• Preparation of materials for science lessons and equipment for practical sessions;
    • Maintenance of science equipment.
    • Storage and disposal of chemicals and resources (in line with Health & Safety regulations).
    • Maintaining a safe and organised prep room.
    • Assisting with demonstrations in conjunction with science teachers.

This is an excellent opportunity to work in a world class setting. If you share our vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you.

Closing date: Friday 20th December

Please send your application and cover letter to hr@laudenewtoncollege.com

Newton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.

Attached Files:

2. JFKtech

JFKtech and then there were two - now JFK Techs :)

I can't see any indication of the pay ?

3. Interesting that there is no mention of a requirement to speak Spanish to any level.

4. If only I was 20 años younger!!! (I failed my Spanish O Level :))

5. No pay advertised

Emil Retaw likes this.
  6. More than that, there's a requirement for written and spoken English.

7. paul r

paul r COMMITTEE

rools me oot!

Seriously If I were single I would consider this !
    I have always fancied working abroad .....

8. Feliz Navidad Lesley.:D

Lesley Newcombe likes this.
  9. Paul Murphy

Paul Murphy COMMITTEE

If only I was 40 años younger!!!:(

10. Nadolig Llawen George (I passed my Welsh :))

GeorgetheScienceTech likes this.
  11. From my time working in Cardiff I know "yaki da" Lesley.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

chris vaudin and Lesley Newcombe like this.
  12. I better rephrase that to: "From my time working in Ceardydd I know "yaki da" Lesley. I just couldn't risk upsetting the Welsh speakers. Actually it was
    Ynys y Barri (aka Barry Island). Alas I didn't bump into Gavin, Stacey, Mick, Pam, Smithy, Bryn or Nessa.:p:p:p:p

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  13. Tidy!!!

GeorgetheScienceTech likes this.
  14. Yes indeed lesley - extremely tidy!:p:p:p

15. Mae'n rhaid i mi ddweud fy mod i wir yn hoffi ynys y Barri a phobl Gymraeg. cymru byw hir.:)

16. Since we are flexing language skills may I say: Nollaig mhóra do chách!

17. Tá Nollaig an-Shona agat agus bliain iontach nua
    Usted también tiene una muy feliz Navidad y un gran año nuevo.
    您也祝聖誕快樂,新年快樂:p:p:p

18. George it must be nice in your world to spend so much time google translating in the run up to xmas holidays!! ;):);)

Techno and BioBee like this.
  19. It sure is!:D

20. Hi there, complete details will be given to those who apply and are selected for the interviews. :)