Cleapss knitting pattern

Hi all,
I've started knitting the heart from the cleapss knitting book, but I'm having problems deciphering the instructions. Has anyone else attempted this, and if so, have you got some photos?
Thanks

Hello! Thank you for the offer of help :)
I've had trouble saving the relevant section of the knitting book as a separate document to upload - I tried taking a picture but the document was too big. So I've typed out the instructions for the front part of the heart to start with and see how that goes. The part I am stuck with is from:

'with the right side facing you, join the pink wool at the right side....'

I just ignored that section and continued from:

'With the right side facing slip the 9sts off the pin and onto a needle.

Basically, I couldn't make out how that many stitches are available to knit to the right and left side of the pink know. So I think I am missing a few blood vessels!

CLEAPSS Draft Knitting Pattern

Heart

You will need:

3mm needles, D.K. wool in red, blue, pink, dark pink

Instructions

Front of Heart

Cast on 2sts in red

K 1 row

P 1 row

Continue in st st increasing 1 st at each end of the k rows until you have 34 sts on the needle

Join in the blue wool and p16 sts

St st eight rows decreasing 1 st at each end of the k rows until you have 8 sts left

St st 8 rows

Cast off.

Join in pink wool and p9sts

St st 12 rows

Cast off.

Put the last 9 sts on a pin.

------------------------- having trouble from here......

With the right side facing you, join in the pink wool at the right side of the pink piece you have just knitted, pick up and k 6sts

Starting with a p row st st 15 rows

Cast off.

With the right side facing you, rejoin the pink wool at the left side of the pink knit

Pick up and k6sts

Cast off.

------------------------to here!

With the right side facing slip the 9sts off the pin and onto a needle

Rejoin the red wool

St st 16 rows

Separate the 9sts into 3 sets of 3 sts

Rejoin the read wool at the first 3 sts

St st 4 rows

Cast off.

Rejoin the red wool at the second set of 3 sts and st st 4 rows

Cast off.

Rejoin the red will at the last 3sts and st st 4 rows

Cast off.

With the blue will cast on 18sts

St st 20 rows

Cast off

Make 2: with the dark pink will cast on 10sts

St st 44 rows

Cast off.

Have you picked up the stitches?
With the right side facing you, join in the pink wool at the right side of the pink piece you have just knitted, pick up and k 6sts

Cast off.

With the right side facing you, rejoin the pink wool at the left side of the pink knit

Pick up and k6sts

Cast off.
Have you picked up the stitches? I am thinking they are picked up from the "body' of the piece you are joining the pink wool to.

Have you picked up the stitches? I am thinking they are picked up from the "body' of the piece you are joining the pink wool to.
Yes, you'll need to pick up and knit 6 sts, then continue to knit the 9 sts that you've had on a stitch holder. Then you'll have a total of 15 stitches - 6 that you've made by picking up and knitting, and 9 that had been held. Does that make more sense now?

I have started knitting the body parts from the Cleapss knitting book. I have done the oesophagus, stomach and small intestine with no problem. I have started to do the large intestine from the pattern book and the instructions dont make sense to me, I have ended up with piece that is nowhere near big enough. Has anyone knitted this part and had success.
I thought it would be a stress free project to do at home during the lock down.
I can also see that I am going to have problems with the gall bladder and pancreas
It is the first time I have picked up knitting needles in the last 30 odd years.
Is there an easier pattern anywhere?

Hi! It was the heart I was having problems with but I got there in the end... I learned how to pick up and knit the stitches vertically. If there had been a few more pictures I think it would've been easier...or a list of techniques required at the beginning.
For the gall bladder, I interpreted the picture rather than follow the instructions, I'll put it here in a comment.

Fir large intestine, where the pattern says continue until you have 5 cm from the beginning, I took that as a typo and carried on for 50cm.
I had a dilemma over this, as I think the size of the oesophagus is almost full size. But the large intestine would need to be 1.5m I think, for an adult. The diameter is roughly the correct size but 50cm is too short. Looking at the picture though, I think they did make theirs 50cm.
Hope this helps

Yes, you'll need to pick up and knit 6 sts, then continue to knit the 9 sts that you've had on a stitch holder. Then you'll have a total of 15 stitches - 6 that you've made by picking up and knitting, and 9 that had been held. Does that make more sense now?
Thank you! I consulted YouTube for pick up and knit, it's going OK so far!!

Thank you, yes I misunderstood, but I have picked them up vertically from the middle pink piece. Got there in the end!

Good morning :)

Here is what I did to make the gall bladder:

Make 2
Cast on 6 sts in blue wool

Knit 1 row
Continue in garter stitch, inc 1 st at each end of row, until you have 12 sts.

Knit 1 row
Dec 1 st at each end of row, until you have 6 sts.

Stocking stitch 20 rows
Cast off.

Hope that makes sense, I'm not used to writing out knitting instructions!
I've partly sewn up the finished article, see the photo. :)

Attachments

Thank you,for the gall bladder pattern, it looks a lot easier to follow. Also thank you for your time spent on this.

No problem
Can I ask, have you blocked your knitted pieces, particularly the stocking stitch ones, before joining them?
If so, what method do you use?