Chromatography trolls

Discussion in 'Science Technicians - General Discussion' started by Techitude, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Techitude

Techitude COMMITTEE

I can't resist but post about seeing another technician doing the chromatography trolls practical on the techognition gallery again this year.
    I invented this practical several years ago to try and make chromatography a bit more fun for the science club kids and decided to post it to my TES account releasing the idea to the world.
    Since then it's been slowly finding its way into classrooms all over the place.
    Obviously as a technician it makes me so happy to feel I've contributed to the fun and learning of students in other schools.
    Sorry if this is a bit self indulgent but I'm just so chuffed that people enjoy it! :D

CrowyTech, Tech2015, stelden and 15 others like this.
  2. There is nothing wrong at all in blowing your own Trumpet Techitude - we all should celebrate something that is well done.:D:D

3. Where is the gallery - we haven't put anything in this year - no time... :(

4. Now these look epic.

5. https://techognition.org/event-gallery/

The trolls are fantastic @Techitude I haven't seen them before, but I'll definitely recommend them to our KS3 chemistry teachers.

stelden likes this.
  6. please kindly share the practical.

7. Techitude

Techitude COMMITTEE

Happy days and KeithD like this.
  8. That's a great idea. Thanks for putting it up

9. That's awesome. I couldn't resist giving it a go myself. I'm definitely stealing it for open evening.

Attached Files:

10. My HoD wants this as part of our year 7 curriculum :D

11. That's such a lovely idea!

12. Techitude

Techitude COMMITTEE

Thats made me smile today, lovely to know you're ideas are being valued :)

13. She is a good HoD, I can send her all the silly and fun ideas the hive mind comes up with and she considers them all :D

14. Fantastic, thanks for sharing!